Thursday, July 10, 2014

Melted - BH&G / Perfect Corner Bakery

Perfect Corner Bakery - [no scent description]

The picture on the package shows various yummy bakery treats like fruity cakes and pies (tarts?) and glazed rolls.  What I got from this was pretty much just a straight up cinnamon scent.  Not that I'm complaining, since I do love cinnamon, but spice haters will want to be aware.  There was the slightest bakery note, and I do mean slight . . . just a tiny hint of something like cake or cookie.  The cinnamon was a warm, sweet cinnamon, not like a harsh straight spice type cinnamon.  This didn't really scream 'Fall scent!' but it would be a nice one during the cooler months.

I melted some of this in my tea light warmer and some in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had strong results from both.

6 comments:

  1. I have heard that this is a good dupe for a RG scent. I think streuselkuchen. Cinnamon is my friend. I hope my walmart gets this one in for the holidays. Hope your week has been good Deb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got any streuselchoochoo vibe from it. There was not enough bakery substance to go with the cinnamon, and definitely did not remind me of graham crackers at all, which choochoo did. But maybe the 'Frosted' part is what made me think of Golden Grahams. I don't know if I've had plain Streuselchoochoo though.

      I think this scent is still at my store. Want me to grab you one?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. It might be Vanilla Cookie Crunch that people say is a choochoo dupe because I have that one going right now and oh my, it does kinda remind of that.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    3. You are probably right! I will look out for both and them blend them. :-)

      Delete
  2. I agree with you that the schootcherooo comparison is a bit off. I found sootcherooo to be more pleasing. I didn't hate corner bakery but it was very dry smelling to my nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Dry' is a good word for it. You're right, it was a dry cinnamon scent. Still nice, but kind of boring, like a simple scent to have on hand.

      ~Deb

      Delete