Monday, July 7, 2014

Melted - BH&G / Raspberry Linzer Cookie

Raspberry Linzer Cookie - [no scent description]

As this was melting I kept picking up a note that had me wondering 'What IS that?'  So off to Google I went to see just what was all in a real linzer cookie, and found that almond and cinnamon can both be found in them.  Ah yes, that mystery note I'm getting is indeed almond and *maybe* just a smidge of spice.  The raspberry note is strong, but that almond comes in quickly to sort of sharpen it.  There is a soft cookie note in the background, keeping this a bakery scent.  This is quite a nice one if you're not an almond hater.

I melted this in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had strong scent and great throw.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. Makes me want to eat one. You are melting some delicious scents. So the cinnamon and raspberry were a nice combo? Seems unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have guessed there was cinnamon in this if I hadn't looked up what linzer cookies are. I'm not even 100% sure there is cinnamon. I mean, I don't get a distinct 'Oh, there's the cinnamon' note, it's just that there is a slight edge to it all. Maybe that's coming from the almond.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I didn't get cinnamon either. I really loved this one --it was a bit more tart that I was expecting but overall --strong and well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and this is one of the 2014 Limited Edition ones so I think I might have to grab a couple more if I see them, just to have some for later.

      ~Deb

      Delete