Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fall Scents At Walmart!

If you follow this blog you know the past month or so has been crazy busy for me because of my mom's hip surgery and staying at her place to help her out.  You also probably know that fall is my absolute favorite time of year and brings my favorite scents in wax.  Although I've been preoccupied this year, I have been keeping an anxiously excited eye on the wax aisle at Walmart, waiting for the fall scents to arrive.

And they're now here!

Having said that though, I must now admit that I'm not nearly as prepared for this post as I have been in past years.  The first time I noticed the fall scents was Saturday, August 16, but that was on a quickie shopping trip with Ty and I barely had time to scribble down names.  I was shopping again yesterday and had hoped to compile a more complete list and do some sniffing and note taking but when I saw the tart section had been ransacked and could no longer easily find the fall scents among the general everyday scent mess, I decided not to bother.  I also suspect that since the store has not yet gotten out their fall decor items, that maybe this isn't all the scents yet anyway.  And finally, I haven't compared this year's selection to previous years because there are so many seemingly knew ones and I have not sniffed to compare.

But at least I have a list of scents to start with!

Better Homes & Gardens 2014 Fall Scents
- Spicy Cinnamon Stick
- Candied Mulberry Spice
- Warm Autumn Sweater
- Simmering Apple Cider
- Candied Caramel Pecan
- Spiced Pumpkin Pie
- Warm Crackling Campfire
- Fresh Apple Butter
- Crisp Fall Leaves
- Golden Maple Waffles
- Black & Blue Cobbler
- Farm Apple Pumpkin
- Cedar Forest Trail
- A Thankful Harvest
- Pumpkin Ginger Cookie
- Enchanted Pumpkin Valley
- Candied Caramel Apple

Better Homes & Gardens 2014 Fall Combo Packs
- Autumn Campfire Glow (Embers & Oak)
- Turning Autumn Forest (Acorn & Wood)
- Spiced Apple Pie (Apple Pie & Clove)

Scentsationals 2014 Fall Scents
- Cozy Cottage
- No Place Like Home
- Mandarin Pumpkin Spice
- October Rain
- Autumn Hayride
- Pumpkin Spice
- Sugared Pecan Pumpkin
- Pinecones & Birch
- Pinecones & Fir
- Winter Spruce
- Roasted Chestnuts
- Spiced Sugar Cookie
- Coal

Scentsationals 2014 Fall Combo Pack
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies / Cinnamon Pumpkin

Mainstays (Walmart brand) 2014 Fall Scents
- Harvest Leaves
- Fall Fruit Cornucopia
- Apple Pumpkin
- Mulled Cider
- Pumpkin Spice
- Cranberry Mandarin
- Warm Apple Pie
(I have seen the Cranberry Mandarin, and Warm Apple Pie available all year.)

I did do quickie sniffs of a few of these.  Enchanted Pumpkin Valley caught my eye the most but when I sniffed it I wasn't all that impressed.  I don't remember specifically what it was, but the scent was not at all what I expected.  Mandarin Pumpkin Spice also caught my eye, and it's quite a nice scent.  I might grab that one next time.  October Rain and Autumn Hayride....one had a definite woody/resin type note that I wasn't fond of, and one was really nice, but I can't remember offhand which was which.  Most of the others I just didn't have time to sniff and study.

I was so glad to see A Thankful Harvest, and Candied Caramel Apple returning!!  I grabbed one of each.  BH&G's Candied Caramel Apple is THE best caramel apple scent I've come across so far.  It's a must have for me!  A Thankful Harvest has become one of my favorite pumpkin/fall scents too!  I didn't notice last year's infamous 'meat tart' (Country Fall Festival) and that's totally alright with me.  LOL!  Although I do wonder if it's renamed.  Remember, I didn't sniff them all.  *cringes at the thought*

Even though I have a ton of fall scents here already because of that big Kim's order I placed, I'm still tempted to just buy one of each of these just to have them and be able to compare and update lists and whatnot.  Hmmm, what to do, what to do . . .

How about you?  Any store brand fall scents catching your eye this year?  Have you seen any in your area that I haven't listed?  I'm really hoping Scentsationals' Spiced Cranberries shows up because that one if absolutely fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. All those campfires and pines and spiced fruits and such sound so good! Get one of each and let us know how good they are :-) the mandarin and spiced cranberries ones sound the best. I am going to have to check out Wal-Mart soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing some math and I don't think I'll get them all. LOL Might still go grab some though.

      ~Deb

      Delete