Monday, August 4, 2014

Glade - Fall Preview

Fall is my favorite season, hands down.  Usually I'm chomping at the bit and checking stores for fall scents every chance I get as summer starts to wind down.  Life has been so busy for me lately though, that I haven't been keeping watch like usual.  I was thinking I'd have a couple more weeks before they'd start popping up.  Imagine my surprise when I was dashing through Walmart this morning and I noticed some very fall looking colors in the Glade, Febreze, Air Wick section of the cleaning aisle!

**Available at limited retailers**
Maple Tree Inn - 'The blended scents of berries, fruits and melted butter greet you at the door, while your favorite breakfast aromas wait patiently for their say. Creamy vanilla and caramel provide the sweet conclusion to a delicious experience.

Red berry jam, sweet apple, peach, melted butter.
Cinnamon, touch of coffee, maple syrup, French toast accord.
Creamy vanilla, caramel, pie crust accord, powdered sugar.
--------------------------------

Pumpkin Pie Diner - 'The appetizing aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg blend beautifully with creamy notes and a touch of pumpkin pie, inviting you to linger a little longer at the friendly eatery around the corner.'

Ginger, buttermilk, whipped cream.
Nutmeg, cinnamon, maple, powdered sugar.
Vanilla extract, brown butter, roasted coffee, creamy pumpkin.
-----------------------------------

Red Apple Bakery - 'The scent of mixed fruits and apple cider resides comfortably among the sweet aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg. A warm layer of vanilla and cream provides a most tasteful finish.'

Apple cider, mixed fruits, berries.
Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg.
Vanilla, cream, woods.
-------------------------------------

Sage & Thyme Market - 'Fresh and fragrant cooking herbs introduce you to this delightful blend, mingled with a mixture of fruity aromas. Your stroll through the herb aisle finishes with a flourish of vanilla, roasted chestnut and patchouli.'
 
Basil, oregano, parsley.
Cranberry, plum, pear.
Roasted chestnut, patchouli, fall spice, creamy vanilla.
----------------------------


**Available at limited retailers**
Woodside Library - 'A fragrance that invites you to stay as long as you like, where notes of chai tea and cardamom blend with hints of incense, florals and well-loved vintage leather. Cedar and oak provide the perfect woodsy signature.'
 
Chai tea, cardamom, bergamot.
Incense accord, rose and jasmine, amber, aged leather accord.
Cedarwood, oak, patchouli, mossy and musky.
---------------------------------

I did not have time to stop and sniff these today.  Reading these descriptions, I'm quite interested in all of them!  I will definitely have to check them out more carefully next time I'm shopping.

Maple Tree Inn and Woodside Library are only available at limited retailers, according to the Glade website.  I did not see Woodside Library at Walmart, so I'm guessing that one will be available at Target.  All the others I did see at Walmart.  It looks like they are all available in various forms, such as candles, wax melts, sprays.

What do you think of the 2014 fall lineup?  Anything in particular catching your eye?

14 comments:

  1. Oh yes!!!! Maple Tree Inn and Woodside Library! Of course, I want to smell them all. Just to make sure. I hope you get a chance to linger at the smelly aisle soon. And prop up your feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super curious about Woodside Library now because that's the one I haven't seen yet. I have a couple coupons for Glade melts and candles that expire at the end of August so I need to decide which ones to get.

      Prop my feet up......ugh. Even my mom shooed me away from visiting her today, telling my to go home and take a nap. *sigh*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I'm dying to sniff Woodside Library. It's not at Target yet, just the regular ol' stuff was out on an endcap today. Sage & Thyme Market sounds like it has potential if it doesn't go the heavy cologne route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't seen any at my Target yet either. C'mon, slackers! lol

      Sage & Thyme is a very 'dark' herbal scent. I'm not familiar with either sage or thyme so I couldn't tell you if it really smelled like either one.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I want these! The red apple bakery is the only one I thought was rather boring based on the notes in it, all the others sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apple one was indeed a typical cinnamon apple type. It was nice, but nothing new or amazing.

      I liked the pumpkin one because it's much creamier than last year's pumpkin scent, which was just too harsh.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Woodside Library and Sage & Thyme look quite intriguing, indeed! Looking forward to tracking these two down this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target will be the most likely spot for the elusive Woodside Library, but I'm also wondering if Dollar General might have it. Last year DG had one of the Christmas scents that other stores did not have.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. I really like the Sage and Thyme so far. It is fresh and different. I am looking forward to burning the Maple and Pumpkin as well, since on cold sniff they smell yummy. Target is getting the Woodside Library, but I read on another blog that they don't set their fall candles until the end of August :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing some quick shopping at Walmart this morning and saw more and more fall candles in the cleaning aisle but still nothing over in the home fragrance aisle. I also noticed that the pumpkin wax melts only come in the larger pack. Well, at least at my store. Hmm.

      I'm definitely going to check back at Target the first week of September to see if Woodside Library is there yet.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  6. target indeed has woodside library. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've seen it there finally. It's an interesting scent. Did you buy it, or any of these?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  7. I found a couple of the Woodside Library candles at Target at least a month ago. The smell is SO heavenly that I went back to get more and they are all gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks but yeah, since it was the fall line they are probably gone now as the winter line takes over. I still have a partial pack of the wax melts here. They are strong!

      ~Deb

      Delete