Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Haul - Glade & BH&G Fall Scents

(Please excuse the less than stellar photo.  Doh!)

Just a small fall haul this time.  The fall scents are popping up more and more at my local Walmart, and that excites me greatly.  Still, I'm trying to show some restraint this year and not buy every scent in every item I see, and then feel overwhelmed and pressured to get through them all as fast as possible.  I had a Glade coupon that was expiring soon so I decided to get two candles.  Also had a Febreze spray coupon but since Glade was cheaper, this tightwad went with that.  And had to grab a couple returning favorites from BH&G.

Pumpkin Pie Diner - 'The appetizing aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg blend beautifully with creamy notes and a touch of pumpkin pie, inviting you to linger a little longer at the friendly eatery around the corner.'
I did not get any of Glade's pumpkin scent last year because it was so spicy and harsh and 'dry.'  What a nice surprise to find that this year's pumpkin scent is a much creamier, bakery type scent.  There is still a bit of spice, but overall it's a nice warm creamy pumpkin scent.  I also got the room spray in this scent.

 Maple Tree Inn - 'The blended scents of berries, fruits and melted butter greet you at the door, while your favorite breakfast aromas wait patiently for their say. Creamy vanilla and caramel provide the sweet conclusion to a delicious experience.'  

Another warm, sweet bakery type scent, I thought this would go over better with my menfolk in the coming colder weather than some of the other Glade scents.  It mentions berries and fruits in the description but this I don't really get any on cold sniff.  It's much more a buttery, creamy caramel or maple foodie scent.

 A Thankful Harvest - [no scent description]
I was sooooo happy to see this one returning this year!  It's become one of my absolute favorites from the Walmart fall scents.  It is, again, a warm and slightly creamy pumpkin type scent.  Since there is no scent description, I guess I don't *know* that it's pumpkin at all.  It could be sweet potato or squash or something, but it's that *type* of fall foodie scent.  A touch of spice but not at all overpowering.

Candied Caramel Apple - [no scent description]
I was super excited to find this one returning too.  This is THE best caramel apple scent I have come across so far and has become a must-have for me every fall.  The apple note is definitely there but the sweet creamy caramel is distinct in its own right.  Sooooo good, and perfect for fall.

That's all I bought this time.  Like I said, I have that big order of Kim's Tarts fall scents waiting to be plowed through so I really don't need any more.  But, as mentioned in the previous post, I'm still tempted to just go grab one of each of the fall scents that I've seen at my store just to be able to have them, take notes, compile lists for bloggatory research.  We'll see which side wins . . . the penny pinching common sense side, or the 'Just do it!' side.  Hehe!

Have you bought any little fall goodies yet?

4 comments:

  1. For some reason, it wouldn't let me comment on your Natters post so here it is: I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better, and the PT is a godsend! Hopefully she'll continue to listen to him. Caregiving is exhausting and draining, so definitely give yourself a break. It sounds like you can really use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exhausting indeed. You wouldn't think so but wow, it is. Thanks for your continued good thoughts and nice comments and general blog support. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Yay! You grabbed some fall waxy fun at Wal-Mart! I was hoping you would treat yourself. Ok. That is it. I am going to hunt down these two scents in the clams. They sounds so good. The candles do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have considered getting the pumpkin one in tart form but my store only had the big packs. I still want to check Target for that elusive 'library' scent!

      I do like the Glade and Febreze candles, and since we tend to burn candles a lot more through fall and winter it wasn't hard for me to buy these.

      ~Deb

      Delete