Saturday, August 30, 2014

Melted - Kim's Tarts / Apple Jack Peel

Apple Jack Peel - 'Delicious fresh apple aroma with spicy notes of cinnamon and clove. A Claire Burke duplication.'

I first came to know and love this scent back when I was first diving into the world of soap making.  I'm not a huge fan of cider scents but I do love this.  The description of the original Claire Burke version is ' . . .  the welcoming aroma of baked apples warmed with cinnamon, spice and a twist of citrus.'  And it's that citrus that makes this just a little more special than just a spiced apple scent.  This is definitely a fall scent!  It's deep and spicy, still having some of that sort of 'fermented' feel of a cider, but juiced up a bit with that hint of orange.  One of my absolute favorites for fall!

I melted these tarts (three in a pack) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and my tea light warmers and had what I thought was a nice medium-strong scent.  Hubby, on the other hand, thought it was too strong.  Go figure!  lol

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea apple Jack and peel was a Claire Burke scent. Cool! You know. I don't think I have ever smelled this particular scent. I will keep an eye out for it. Hubby is getting a nose work out huh? :-) mine has a super poor sense of smell. He has only commented on my wax twice and both were bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I missed this comment. Apologies!

      My hubby doesn't comment too much on scents unless he really likes it or really hates it. Sometimes he'll sniff stuff with me when orders arrive, but usually he's just shaking his head in a 'More wax??' kind of way.

      ~Deb

      Delete