Friday, August 29, 2014

Melted - Kim's Tarts / Mulled Cider

Mulled Cider - 'A fabulous spiced scent!'

Although I'm not a big fan of cider scents, when I was placing by large fall scents order I decided to go ahead and get this because, well, it is a fall scent.  I was surprised to find this wasn't as cider-y as I'm used to cider scents being.  It didn't really have that certain note I always associate with cider.  This was almost more along the lines of that sort of craft-store-in-the-fall spicy potpourri scent.  It wasn't an overwhelming spiciness either.  I liked this one, even though I was weirdly disappointed it wasn't more like the cider scents I don't really like anyway.  LOL!

I melted these tarts (three in a pack) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and my tea light warmers and had medium scent throughout the house.  It did seem to travel *up* though, because the scent seemed much stronger upstairs.

An interesting tart all around!

4 comments:

  1. To my nose, all Mulled Cider scents seem to smell like spiced orange. I don't get that typical cider scent with them either =) Hope you are enjoying all of your fall scents!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cider note is sort of orange-y. I can never think of how to describe it. I have Apple Jack & Peel going now and that note is definitely in there, definitely orange-y.

      Have you started any fall scents yet?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Oooh Apple Jack and Peel is another good one! Have to add it to my list of fall scents to get. It's really good mixed with a pine note too!

      Oh yes, every year without fail I start feeling the itch for fall scents towards the middle/end of July. I always make sure to have some fall stuff left over from the year before for that period of time before vendors start offering a lot of fall scents again =)

      Delete
    3. I usually have leftovers too, but don't think I had any this year. I have a ton of Christmas/winter scents left from last year though.

      I was trying to wait for Sept. 1 to start with fall scents but decided to dive in a bit early with some apple scents. Now I'm feeling like I started to soon and will take a short break.

      ~Deb

      Delete