Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Apple Eclipse

Apple Eclipse - 'Rosegirls custom blend - Succulent, crisp green apples dipped in coconut milk and coated in a bourbon vanilla glaze!'

Apologies for the crappy post-melt picture.  I'd been so anxious to start melting apple scents as we creep towards fall, that I melted this before I got a pic of the chunk in all its glory.  My bad!

Anyway, this was an interesting scent.  It was not apple-y in a fall scent way.  It was much more of a fun and pretty apple scent, almost to where you might not even realize there is apple in there.  The coconut really wraps around the apple note.  But again, the coconut is not like a tropical summery scent.  The vanilla works to sort of soften and balance things, and there is an almost sugary note, kinda reminding me of the sweet shredded coconut you get in the bag for baking.

I melted half a chunk at a time (about 1 oz. worth) in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer and had a really nice medium-strong scent.

(This chunk was a gift.)

4 comments:

  1. Great description! I can almost smell it again! Nice to see you melting your apple scents :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to finally be melting ANYTHING again! =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked this one! and it had a goodish throw for you! I love this scent, it's really nice an d you're right, more of a fun, summery apple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was interesting, for sure. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete