Saturday, September 6, 2014

Haul - Rosegirls (April 6/Samplers)

This post is going to be extremely picture heavy so I'll *try* to keep the words to a minimum.

When Rosegirls opened their site way back in April they did something a little different.  Buyers could order samplers only.  There were two choices: Fruity Sampler, or Bakery Sampler.  You were limited to two, whether it was two of the same, or one of each.  Most people chose one of each.  The idea of doing these samplers was to allow more people to order and have a chance of finally being able to try Rosegirls wax.  These samplers would be filled using the excess chunks from custom orders that were being worked on, so not everyone would receive the same chunks in their samplers.
I ordered two samplers, one of each.  I picked up my order at the Rosegirls store today and will now show you what I got.  I decided to go ahead and show a pic of each scent in this post instead of waiting to do individual 'Melted' posts on each because I have a feeling quite a few of these are going to be shared with waxy friends and family.

Let's take a look at the 31 chunks I received!

Cider Lane, Sweet Pumpkin Pie, and Marshmallow Smoothie
A lot of marshmallow hits you on first sniff.

Candy Corn, Marshmallow Smoothie, and Butterbrickle
Very nice deep, creamy vanilla type scent.

Motion In The Ocean
Can't identify it but it's sort of spa meets bakery.

Celtic Moonspice Coffee
Spicy coffee.

Marilyn's Margarita
Very lime-fizzy.  Very bright and happy.

Cinnamon Glazed Oranges
Almost fizzy spiced orange scent.

Orange Sherbet Pomegranate
Creamy, almost candy-like fruit.

Strawberry Cereal Killer Ice Cream
Ohhh, I do so love their super creamy ice cream scents.

Frosted Summer Breeze
Clean, almost powdery.  I suspect this is a Downy/laundry scent.

Singing In The Rain
Another crisp, clean scent.  Laundry or spa type.

Pear Pleasure
Nice, seemingly straight up pear scent.  Smells almost like apples.
Monster Cookie Fluff Puffs
Always good to have more of this classic.  Smells like Golden Grahams cereal.

Strawberry Jam, Cream Cheese Frosting, and Waffle Cone
Strong on the waffle cone.

Cherry Berry Punch Smoothie
Very bright, cherry Lifesavers, toned down just slightly by cream.

Watermelon Peppermint Smoothie
Was this our fabulous blend in Muffin Club #1?  Creamy with just hints of soft mint and sweet watermelon.

Starman's Starfruit Swizzle Sticks
Familiar but I can't place it.  A summery, fruity scent.

Strawberry Euphoria
Strong on strawberry, perhaps a hint of creaminess.

Strawberry Shortcake Vanilla Bean Noel
Strong on strawberry again, but a bit warmer.

Peppermint Coconut Mallow
An absolute favorite of mine!  Soft, sweet, mint.

Cranberry Streuselkuchen
Was thrilled to get this for fall.  Really good balance between the cranberry and bakery notes.

Sweet Lavender Marshmallow
I must be warming up to lavender because this is comforting.  A slightly warm lavender scent.

Save The Drama For Your Mama
No clue what's in here.  It's very light, and kinda blah.

Toffee Apple Streuselkuchen
I was sooo hoping I'd get this!  Mainly getting the caramel apple notes right now.

Lemon Cotton Candy Ice Cream Cake
Mainly get the delicious rich and creamy ice cream note on cold sniff.

Bird of Paradise and Raspberry Sauce
Don't really like this one.  Kinda sour fruity.

Lemon Wildberry Birthday Cake
A nice cake scent.

Cereal Killer Crunch Berries
Smells like a toned down version of Fruit Loops.

Warm Voodoo
Perfume-y.  A little bit sweet.

Posh Pristine Peach
I get the watermelon note first, hints of peaches and cream behind it.

Beach Vacation
Soft, almost powdery, hints of coconut.

Mango Monster Cookies
Mainly the Monster Cookies scent.

And that's it!  Those are my two Rosegirls samplers.  Did you find any favorites?  Anything new?  Some of these I will pass along to others, but a lot of these I'm really anxious to try.


8 comments:

  1. What an awesome box of chunks!!!!! I am writing my review of the giveaway winnings and wrote the same thing about toffee apple choo choo. Mainly caramel apples but I think the choo choo will come out more when melted. Excited about my beach vacation bag now. Sounds like my kinda scent. I gotta say spa meets bakery is a scary sounding mix. Glad you got some favs! And yes that peppermint watermelon was one of your muffins! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bakery (if there really is any) is very soft. It's not a scary weird scent.

      Oh, you ordered a bag of Beach Vacation? I don't even remember what everyone ordered, or even who has gotten theirs already.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Great photos! Where do I begin? I was going to order a bag of the mango MC --I might have in my 2nd order I can't remember. I was hoping the mango would be a bit more in the forefront but I never complain about a heavy dose of MCFP.
    It's good to hear you're liking the RG lavender. I don't think I knew you disliked it? It's so good!
    Watermelon peppermint smoothie! Loved that one from our muffins.
    Hooray for samplers. And RG store visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not much of a fan of lavender in general but it seems I'm liking it more, the more it's shoved at me.

      If you did not order the Mango Monster Cookies I'll send this chunk to you. Heck, maybe I'll send it to you anyway.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous chunks!! I thought I was the only one who smelled fizziness in the Cinnamon Glazed Oranges. I swear it smells like orange pop to me! And I totally agree with you on the golden grahams comment as well. I was melting some MCFP when I had people over and they said it smelled like cheerios in milk lol. Definite cereal note on that one. But in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is like orange pop! I'd sniffed Cinnamon Glazed Oranges earlier in the year when someone else had it, and I passed on the offer of a chunk because it seemed very fall-like. I figured I wait till fall and hunt some down. Smelling in now though, I don't get a fall feel, just the bright fizzy orange.

      I love frosted graham cracker type scents, so the Golden Grahams thing is wonderful to me. I like that type more than the Fruit Loops cereal types.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Excellent chunks in your sampler! Wow, there are a ton of interesting blends here! Hope you love all the ones you melt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be fun to find new favorites to add to my Wish List.

      ~Deb

      Delete