Saturday, September 6, 2014

Haul - Rosegirls (June 21 Opening)

With the chaos that surrounds a Rosegirls website opening, I hadn't really considered ever trying to place an order.  Why should I have to when I live so close to their actual store?  Well, because when you go to the store you never know what will be available on the shelves.  And more recently there has been some drama and concern with the way people are buying things at the store too.  So if you want something specific, you're still stuck trying your luck on Website Opening Day.

My three waxy bloggy friends had talked me into doing another round of Muffin Club for this June opening.  It was pretty crazy coming up with blends beforehand, and pretty stressful trying to narrow down our picks.  Along with our Muffin Club order, which Lauren was once again in charge of placing, my waxy cohorts were going to try and get their own personal orders in too.  I finally decided heck with it, I'd try to place an order too.

And I managed to get one in!  With the notorious long turn around time, everyone was anticipating getting these in time for fall.  I decided to stick with fall/winter scents.  My order was ready, so I picked it up today from the Rosegirls store, along with my samplers order.

Cranberry Streuselkuchen
 I was so thrilled to see that I'd gotten a chunk of this in my sampler order, and then even more thrilled to know I had a whole bag of it.  This is such a perfect Thanksgiving scent.  It can almost be considered a contender in the elusive 'spiced cranberry' category we were talking about in another post.  

Cider Lane, Sweet Pumpkin Pie, and Marshmallow Smoothie
I had to laugh at this one.  While I was browsing the nearly bare shelves of the store today, I picked up a bag of this, sniffed it, and put it back thinking it was nothing like I'd expected and that I didn't really like it.  Got home and found I not only had a chunk of it in my sampler, but I'd ordered a whole bag of it!  Taking time to really smell it now, I mainly get that awesome Rosegirls marshmallow scent, with traces of pumpkin.

Hollyberry
Decided to order a bag of this to have for Christmas, figuring I'd take my chances on fancier blends later on in visits to the store.  The scent description says this is 'balsam fir with berries and a touch of citrus.'  I'm finding I really don't like it.  There is nothing Christmas-y about it.  There is no distinct Christmas tree type note.  It's just a very perky, almost powdery, perfume-y type scent.  What a bummer.  I'll pass this along.  Or, I wonder if I can exchange it at the store?  Hmmm.

Pumpkin Chai, Pecan Waffles, Pumpkin Cupcake
(4 muffins)
This was one of the blend ideas for our Muffin Club that didn't make, but I went ahead and included in my personal order.  Ohh, it smells pretty darn good.  Excellent for late fall, making me think once again of Thanksgiving day.  Soft on spice, big on creamy warmth.  Yum yum yum.

Hot Apple Pie, Pecan Waffles, Pie Crust
(4 muffins)
Even hubby had played around coming up with scent blend ideas for our muffin club.  He was bummed that we didn't use any of his, although this one *almost* made the final cut.  I decided to go ahead and order this for him.  He loves it, says it's a nice Christmas scent.  I thought he was crazy but he's right.  It does make me think more of Christmas for some reason, than of fall.  I think the Pecan Waffles is the strongest note, but the warmly spiced apples do make their presence known.

Sweet Lavender, Cotton Candy Frosting, Vanilla Wafers
Rosegirls owner Jenny kindly threw in two free extras with my order.  This muffin smells pretty nice even though my first instinct was to poo-poo the lavender.  The creaminess from the frosting and the bakery note from the wafers tone down the lavender.  This is a happy bakery scent.

Kaelyn's Scotcheroos
I was almost disappointed to see this scent.  I recently received a large chunk of this as part of a gift from a waxy friend and was instantly put off by that odd harsh note that I think comes in RG's caramel or butterscotch.  (I haven't pinned it down yet.)  But this chunk doesn't have that nasty note at all.  This chunk smells quite different than the one gifted to me.  I do like this one.  It's sweet, gooey, butterscotch scent.

That is my small personal order.  I'm pretty well set for wax for quite a while now.  And I still have my part of the Muffin Club order coming one of these days!

Did you manage to place an order during that last opening?  Have you received yours yet?  What are some of your favorite new RG discoveries?

10 comments:

  1. No order yet but I am glad I planned for fall/winter smells for the most part. Bummed to hear you didn't likeHollyberry :-/ I made a muffin that blended Hollyberry with Christmas Past. I just wish there would have been Cranberry Lodge. Your muffins look and sound amazing Deb! Cranberry Streuselkuchen sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Hollyberry blend might still work if Christmas Past is a more obvious Christmas scent. Or maybe you'll simply like Hollyberry. You do have a more sophisticated and forgiving nose than I do. hehe

      I think Cranberry Streuselkuchen is going on my Fall Must Haves list. Maybe I'll save a chunk from this year just to be sure I have some next year.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I almost got in an accident reading these posts. I was out and about and driving no less but I couldn't resist the urge to break the law and go hands on with my cell phone.
    The hot apple pie, pecan waffles, pie crust muffins nearly threw me over the edge. So yeah, next time, hubby gets to pick one of your muffin selections. Well done!
    Also having a hard time containing my excitement over cranberry struesasechen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame. On. You.
      Well, at least it's nice to know I'm worth breaking the law for. Alright, yeah, I realize it was Rosegirls you broke the law for, not me.

      Hubby will be thrilled to know you're accepting him as a Smelly Sister!

      Did you order some strubblegooble? Wait, did you get your order already?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Lovely order!!! You were very smart in ordering mostly fall blends, I wish I would have done the same! Cranberry Kooken sounds amazing, I always am scared off by cranberry not knowing whether it will be the spiced kind (which I love) or artificially sweet kind (not my cup of tea). Definitely adding this to my list hoping it'll pop up again. Hot Apple Pie/PPW sounds fantastic too. I'm realizing that Hot Apple Pie is my fave apple scent from RG. Sounds like you are rolling in RG heaven over there =) Enjoy all your new goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spiced cranberry scents. I wasn't sure what to expect with this Cranberry Stroobergoober, but even so, it has surprised me with its awesomeness. Really wishing I had some Pumpkin Streuselchoochoo to sniff!

      Yeah, I'm kinda wanting to shove everything else to the side and dive into these RG goodies!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I have some Pumpkin Choochenkook if you'd like to do a little trade!! Let me know =)

      I hear ya, my RG order is coming up soon and it's all I can do to melt as much of my other wax as possible in anticipation of only melting RG for awhile!

      Delete
    3. Would love to trade! I'll email you. Thanks!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Excellent haul, my dear waxy pal! Pumpkin Chai, Pecan Waffles, Pumpkin Cupcake does sounds pretty incredible, actually. Sweet Lavender, Cotton Candy Frosting, Vanilla Wafers doesn't sound half bad, is the wafer very dominant over the lavender? Ohhhh, how I love RG's lavender!! YOU GOT CRANBERRY CHOOCHOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is a bit more wafer than vanilla, yeah. Quite yummy as far as lavender goes. hehe

      ~Deb

      Delete