Monday, September 1, 2014

Melted - Butterfly Lane Scents / Country Bumpkin

Country Bumpkin - [no scent description]

Although the Butterfly Lane website no longer includes this one, I do know the actual description of this fragrance is '...wonderful complex blend of apples, candied yams, marshmallows, sweet cream butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, crushed cinnamon bark and fresh cloves.'  I first fell in love with this scent several years ago in soap form.  I'd thought it was a fabulous custom blend by that particular soap maker and was amazed that I ordered more bars.  Shortly after that, I recognized the scent description on another site and was bummed to realize it wasn't that soap maker's own blend, but was thrilled to know this scent was commonly available.  I've seen this on many wax vendor sites, usually under a different name.  But if you see that 'candied yams' in the description, you can almost be sure it's Country Bumpkin.

I still LOVE this scent.  It's so wonderful for fall, slightly spicy, a bit of cider-y tang, while still be managing to be warm with a slightest hint of creamy.  There is something about this that makes me think of being outdoors on a damp Halloween night.  I don't know if the hints of sweetness remind me of trick-or-treat candy mixed in a plastic pumpkin?  And that slight juicy, cider note are the damp and the chill?  The warmth of the marshmallow and butter are the warmth of the lights of neighborhood houses as kids trek door to door?  I don't know.  I just love it.

I cut this tart in half and melted part in my Glade 20 watt hot plate warmer, and part in my tea light warmer, and had pleasant enough medium-strong scent from each.

(This tart was part of a gift from a waxy friend.)

5 comments:

  1. In love with your description. Gets me excited for the holidays. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was so strong and deep. Mmm! I have the same scent from another vendor going right now and it's not quite as strong or full bodied.

      I can't keep track of vendors any more. Is Butterfly Lane the one that just recently reopened, that Lauren was excited about?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Yep! She restocks on a weekly basis. Usually on the weekend. I am liking what I have melted from her.

      Delete
  2. Her country bumpkin is one of the best I've tried! Glad you liked it! It's almost the perfect fall scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great scent, no matter who has it. So sooo great for fall!

      ~Deb

      Delete