Thursday, September 4, 2014

Melted - Kim's Tarts / Country Bumpkin

Country Bumpkin - 'A wonderful complex blend of apples, candied yams, marshmallows, sweet cream butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, crushed cinnamon bark and fresh cloves.'

As I mentioned in a previous post, Country Bumpkin is one of my favorite fall scents.  I was absolutely in love with this scent several years ago when I first came across it in handcrafted soap.  I'd thought that soap maker had come up with this amazing custom blend, but found out later that no, it's a fairly common fragrance oil scent.  I was bummed, but also thrilled to know I could find this in wax form from many vendors.

I still do love this scent.  I used to think it was the perfect Halloween scent, but I've broadened that now to a fall scent in general.  There is spice and a bit of sweetness and sort of cider-y tang, but there is also warmth and just a hint of something almost creamy.  It's just so sooo good, so perfect for fall, and I don't even know how to properly explain it.  It's more of a 'moist' fall scent, not so much a 'dry' foodie bakery type.  As I said in a previous post, 'There is something about this that makes me think of being outdoors on a damp Halloween night.  I don't know if the hints of sweetness remind me of trick-or-treat candy mixed in a plastic pumpkin?  And that slight juicy, cider note are the damp and the chill?  The warmth of the marshmallow and butter are the warmth of the lights of neighborhood houses as kids trek door to door?  I don't know.  I just love it.'

I melted one of these tarts (about 1 oz.) in my tea light warmer and had good strong scent.

This is a fall scent you MUST try.

7 comments:

  1. That is it. I must smell this glorious thing that is Country Bumpkin!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have already had it at some point, under a different name. I've seen it several places that do not call it Country Bumpkin.

      I think I have one left. I'll send it your way!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. You could sell a gazillion of these with your description and enthusiasm. I would love to know what other vendors call it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look back at some vendors, but I know it's out there by other names. It's always that candied yams part of the description that gives it away. I'll try to look and let you know.

      ~Deb

      Delete