Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Melted - Kim's Tarts / Trick of Treats

Trick or Treats - 'Top notes of pumpkin, persimmon, and apple; followed by middle notes of blueberries, elderberries, currants, orange and cinnamon; and well rounded with base notes of sugar cane and vanilla.' 
 
With a name like Trick or Treats, my mind automatically goes to a sweet, fun type scent.  This is more warm and softly spiced.  There is a bit of sweetness deep down in there, sort of a juicy note, but the bulk of this is more warm and foodie.  I really did like it though!  It kinda reminds me of a freshly cut into pumpkin, when you're still scooping the guts out of it, and maybe there is some cider simmering somewhere off in the distance.  Not overly spicy.  Not overly bakery.  This would be a 'safe' fall scent for those who are a little more sensitive.
I melted one of these tarts (three in a pack) in my tea light warmer and had medium-strong scent.

10 comments:

  1. I wonder if this is similar the the Trick or Treat tart I have from Daphne's. Is there a Trick or Treat oil? I feel like Sweet Fixations' had one like it too. Sounds like it was nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be the same because there is indeed a common Trick of Treats oil, and Sweet Fixations does have the same one. I wonder if I have that coming in my order. Hmm, now I'll have to check.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This sounds really nice. I remember liking this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice. Did you have the Kim's version, or one of this scent in general?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Hey Deb!
    I commented on a previous blog about ordering from CFTKR. I see alot of your blogs online and you seem to be very knowledgeable about different vendors etc. In saying that, I wanted to ask you which vendor would you recommend me placing an order from to get the best throw? I love candles, tarts and shots but I really want something that I can smell all over the house. I have a few candleberry candles and those are SUPAH GRRRRREAT! Lol but I want some different wax scents that are extremely strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting and thinking I'm useful in some small way. =)

      I'm not familiar with Candleberry Candles. I'll have to look them up.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Also, I see that there are alot of vendors online who have closed the website due to fulfilling previous orders. Does this happen often? Getting a little frustrated when trying to buy products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have emailed you. =)

      (I've also removed our previous comments so our email addies aren't out there for the world. hehe)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. I am *loving*the Sanderson sister's scent from VCS! I can't get enough of smelling it in the package. I do NOT have BUT one clamshell of it so may hold it for awhile. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Caramel Apple, Candy Corn and Marshmallow.'
      That does sound yummy!

      ~Deb

      Delete