Sunday, September 14, 2014

Melted - Rosegirls / Cinnamon Glazed Oranges

Cinnamon Glazed Oranges - [no scent description]

I first smelled this early this year when I went to the Rosegirls store for one of my waxy bloggy friends.  I had thought it was an excellent fall scent and decided to wait till fall and try my luck at getting some.  When I saw this chunk in my sampler order, I was very happy.  Weird to find that I now don't think it's very fall-like.  Doh!  It's still an interesting scent, but it sort of brings Christmas to mind more than fall.  I think I might mentioned in my haul post that there was almost an effervescent note to this.  Someone commented that it reminded them of straight up orange pop.  The fizzy note toned down a bit when this was warmed.  It became a deeper orange scent, if that makes any sense, but was still sort of a happy scent.  The spice wasn't really spicy, just added more of warm base to the zesty orange.

I melted half of this tart (about 1 oz. worth) in my tea light warmer and medium scent but that was ok, because I don't think this is the type of scent to be hitting your nose hard.

4 comments:

  1. I keep waiting to melt this one. I think now that you mention Christmas I will hold off until then :-) thank you for making this scent happen. Glad you enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe melt it in very late fall, transitioning to Christmas scents. Or, because the chunks are usually so big, cut one in half and melt it now to see how you feel about it. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I agree that there's not a 100% fall smell to this, and I think it's sort of got a Christmas-y vibe to this, like simmering apples and cinnamon in a pot on the stove waiting to be mixed with apple cider for a Christmas crowd....agghhhhh, 100 more days until Christmas!!!

    This was an excellent scent. At least bag worthy in every order, for sure! (Well, for the freaks like me who melt this sort of thing in summer). :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't go as far as a bag in every order but it was nice enough to melt once in a great while, somewhere around Christmas. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete