Thursday, September 4, 2014

Order of the Odor, Volume 1




Welcome! This will be a monthly highlight of some great wax related posts from the previous month. 

What is your ultimate fall scent comprised of?

Fall scents are my favorites!  This question is actually hard for me.  Three favorites come to mind and they're all quite different.  But my *ultimate* fall scent?  Pumpkin would be the obvious answer, but there are so many varieties of pumpkin scents.  Country Bumpkin is a contender for my favorite, but in the end I think my absolute favorite for fall would be Spiced Cranberry.  There is something homey and comforting about the warm spice blending with the slightly sweet but tart cranberries.  Something about it just brings to mind memories of Thanksgivings throughout my life, whether it was still at home with my mom working in the kitchen all morning, or more recent years when Thanksgiving became my favorite holiday because of it's relaxing nature, that calm before the Christmas chaos hits.  And ya know what?  Not many vendors even offer a Spiced Cranberry scent!

What would YOUR ultimate fall scent be?


It's Always Something- Curious how Kim's Tarts are faring these days? Deb took the plunge and has had some great results.... to her husband's chagrin.

Fragrance Obsessed- Butterfly Lane is back open and trying new things, some work and maybe some need tweaking. Find out Sunnee's musings here.

Lololoves Scents- Ahhh! The power of a good donut. Lauren rarely praises a bakery... what prompted her to this time? She also laments finding a decent coffee creamer around town.

The Redolent Mermaid- Is your sniffer searching for something unique and complex? With help from her friends, Julie rediscovered a not-so-hidden gem. 

10 comments:

  1. Spiced cranberry!!!! Yes, one of my favorites too. You are right.... Not enough vendors offer a great spiced cranberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost went with a pumpkin scent like BH&G A Thankful Harvest or Sweet Fixations Pumpkin Souffle but I think spiced cranberry types trigger more fall feelings/memories.

      I think.

      Once I start melting pumpkin scents again I might find I'm remembering things wrong. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Pumpkin and cranberry are among my favorite waxy scents, and I'm very impatient for fall to get here so I can finally burn them! Next on the list are crisp apple scents, and those sort of cool, outdoorsy greenish scents that show up in candles like Leaves and Autumn Wreath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Autumn Wreath going earlier today and now have Leaves going. =)

      I found the most awesome Spiced Cranberry scent last year in a Walmart on our way to Minnesota. It was Scentsationals brand, and I'm hoping like crazy it shows up in my local Walmart this year.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. It's so true! I can't remember the last time I saw spiced cranberry on a vendor's scent list. I have been absolutely gaga over cranberry lately. Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Front Porch had a cranberry scent that was awesome. I'll need to check back through my fall melts from last year but I think it was something about sugar and cranberries, and I *think* it was indeed Front Porch.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I like Cranberry Chutney from Nene's Kitchen Melts. Hopefully she'll have it again this year.

      Delete
    3. That sounds yummy.

      I looked up the FP cranberry one I was thinking of and found that it wasn't great because it was a spiced cranberry. I had liked it because it was curiously different. Oops, oh well.

      I have some cranberry scents coming from Sweet Fixations that might fill the void for me this year.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Tart cranberry and wonderful spices? Count me in! Excellent, excellent answer!! Spiced cranberries are wonderful smelling, but have you ever experiences a cleaner smelling cranberry? Beezy's was like that sort of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean like lemon can sometimes smell like Pledge? No, I don't think I've ever had a cleaner cranberry, but then again, I haven't used cranberry cleaners either. lol I've had some cranberry scents that are almost too perfume-y and haven't liked them.

      ~Deb

      Delete