As soon as I walked into Walmart this morning I saw Better Homes & Gardens candles on an end display in the season section. Because it's Halloween today, of course the store is switching into Christmas mode. LOL
And of course I headed straight for that display and started scribbling names. A couple aisle over was a partially stocked Christmas wax section and in there were the anxiously awaited BH&G Christmas tarts! I scribbled down all the names, then went back and did some quick sniffing.
So what can you look forward to if you like BH&G tarts?
- Warm Winter Wishes
- Winter Ski Resort
- Sparkling Party Punch (fruity punch scent, not too zesty)
- Vanilla Cedar Glow
- Warm Cashmere Sweater
- Sugared Cranberry Mint
- Festive Holiday Cheer (returning scent from last year)
- Spiced Apple Wreath (returning scent from last year)
- Candied Caramel Pecan
- Fresh Cut Frasier (returning scent from last year)
- Spicy Cinnamon Stick (returning scent from last year)
- Vanilla Buttercream Cupcake (Why is this Christmas?)
- Christmas Morning Latte (nice, not too strong on the coffee note)
- Sparkling Berry Garland (generic, craft store scent, perfume/floral-y)
- Twinkling Holiday Lights (another generic holiday blend, more cologne-y than the above scent)
- Snowy Winter Woods (returning scent, sort of like ozone and mint)
- All That Glitters (very blah, perfume-y scent)
- Buttered Rum Brulee (not enough rum)
- Frosty Winter Nights (peppery ozone scent)
- Sweet Roasted Chestnuts (has a smokey note to it)
I'm disappointed in this lineup, just like I was last year. I much preferred the scents they used to have three or four years ago. You know, traditional things like gingerbread and eggnog and peppermint. Maybe these will show up later. The section wasn't fully stocked yet, as mentioned. I don't think I'll get any of these this year, and while that's sort of a bummer it also means I've got a green light to go ahead and order more Christmas scents from indie vendors.
Farther down the aisle I saw some tarts from Walmart's 'Holiday Time' line or brand or whatever.
While these scents seemed more promising, they all had a sort of plastic note about them. Maybe if I'd popped them out of the clamshell I would have gotten a truer scent. But anyway, the scents in that line were....
- Christmas Morning (coffee type scent)
- Balsam & Berries
- Vanilla Cookie
- Moonlit Snow
- Hot Apple Cider
- Kiss Me Under The Mistletoe
What do you think? Will you be checking out any of the Better Homes & Gardens winter scents this year?