Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Haul - Front Porch Candle Co.

It's been quite some time since I've ordered from Front Porch.  With the crazy way wax vendors are choosing to do business these days (brief openings, long TATs) I'm wanting more and more to find one or two reliable and convenient places to get my wax smellies.  Front Porch used to be one of the frustrating ones back before frustrating was common.  It's very funny to me that I'm now considering them to be one of my main sources.

Front Porch adds new stock five or six days a week.  An email is sent each day that there is stock added, listing what scents are new that day.  I see these emails and almost always see a couple that I'd love to get.  Well, one day a couple weeks ago I decided I'd just go ahead and place small orders.  What the heck?  Why do I feel I need to put together enough to be worth it?  Front Porch doesn't charge for shipping.  Prices of the tarts a wee bit higher because of that free shipping.  And I think the owner still combines orders so you can go ahead and order one or two this day, and one or two more new ones the next day, etc. and she will combine your orders into one.  I think she waits five days or so to see if you'll order more.  I don't know exactly how she does it, so I'll just stop nattering about that part.  But anyway, that is why I decided I should go ahead and start ordering from there again.  The shop is always open, TAT is reasonable, she offers single tarts among many other options, and there is not a shipping fee with each tiny order I might place.

Of course, once I decided to start doing this I stopped receiving the emails for some reason.  Go figure!

This is my first teeny weeny order . . .

Sinus Relief - 'Similar to Vapor Rub, blend of camphor, eucalyptus and mint.'
Verrrry Vicks-y.  I've had other sinus relief tarts that were a bit sweeter.  This is strong on the camphor.

 Marshmallow Peppermint Twist - '(In House Blend)- One of our best sellers, this strong peppermint blended with creamy marshmallow undertones. '
There is something so wonderful about Front Porch's marshmallow scent.  It's so rich and creamy!  The peppermint is sweet, and softened a bit by the marshmallow.  Ohhh, such a fabulous scent for Christmas.

Warm Vanilla Pine Noel - [no scent description]
I can't find this one the site now so it must be sold out, and I don't see it in the scent list.  I was intrigued when I saw it in the email that day so I decided to go ahead and grab one.  I don't think I like it.  A powdery perfume-y pine is the strongest note.  When I first sniffed it, I thought I'd accidentally grabbed the sinus relief one again.  There is a slightly sweet and creamy background note, but not enough to save this for me.

Christmas Memories - 'Begins with cranberry, orange, cinnamon and cloves topped with pine cone and evergreen pine. Strong and wonderful Christmas aroma!'
I think I might have had this one before.  I'll have to look back through old blog posts.  If I did have it, I'm curious about what I thought of this, because I'm not liking it much now.  I get struggling hints of the cranberry and orange, and a smaller hint of spice, but once again I think the pine note is killing it.  I think I should just stay away from pine scents!  lol

 Cranberry Peppermint - [no scent description]
I wasn't sure what to expect with this one but something about it just called to me.  I love spiced cranberry scents around Thanksgiving, and I love mint scents for Christmas.  This is definitely interesting.  Peppermint is the stronger note.  It's a sweet peppermint.  And then there is just enough of the cranberry with it to know something else is going on, but not really enough to recognize it as cranberry.  I'm really curious how this will be when warm.
That is my teeny weeny haul.  I placed this order on October 8 and received the package on October 18.  I think I heard somewhere that if you leave a comment during the checkout process, saying that you won't be ordering more and to go ahead and sent the order, I think it comes within days.  I'm not sure if that's true any more because, as I said, it's been quite a while since I've ordered.  I'm looking forward to ordering more though!

Are you a Front Porch fan?  Have you discovered and new favorites recently?

4 comments:

  1. I stay away from Front Porch pine. It's too strong and reminds me of Comet.

    A few of my Front Porch favorites.... Apple Butter Caramel Cookies, Lemon Cookies, Caramel Sticky Buns, Celtic Moonspice Cookies and probably my very favorite.. Pumpkin Vanilla Mallow Bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Yes! Comet might be a good way to describe it. LOL

      I looooove Front Porch's lemon scents. I think Lemon Bliss and Lemon Cookies are my favorites, but I also love Lemon Marshmallow.

      Since I know all FP 'bread' scents use zucpukey bread, I steer far clear of them.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmm sinus relief and marshmallow peppermint twist are so good! Bummer you didn't like Christmas Memories. :-/ but I am a pine junkie. Her vanilla Noel is a favorite along with pink peppermint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have one Pink Peppermint here, and I think it came Lauren, although I can't understand how she would have let one go.

      I looked back through old Front Porch posts and maybe I didn't have Christmas Memories after all. I might still melt it, just to see if I like it warmed.

      ~Deb

      Delete