Sunday, October 5, 2014

Haul - Natures Art (Bath & Body)


It's been quite a while since I've ordered from Nature's Art.  Soap maker and owner Kim was so nice and helpful to me back in my own soap making days.  As I drifted away from the soap world, I lost track of Nature's Art.  Now that I'm trying to get back into the wonderful world of handcrafted soaps and body products, I thought I'd go ahead and order from someone familiar.

See how fun everything was packaged?  I have no idea what I'll use that pink bag for but I *love* it.  
So let's see what I got!

Fairy Floss - 'A fruity blend of cotton candy, lemon drops, caramel and raspberry jam on a dry down of musks.'
This is the ever-popular Pink Sugar scent.  The picture doesn't do it justice but the pink part is a really bright neon pink with sparkles on top.

 Decided to get a bubbling sugar scrub in the same scent.  I go through phases with sugar scrubs, and since I haven't had any for a while, I decided to try one again.  I don't think I've ever had a scrub from Nature's Art.

Also wanted to try Kim's lotion too, again in the same scent.  I have had lotion from her before but that was years ago and I have no idea what formula changes she might have made.  This is just a small one ounce bottle.  I was wondering why it was gray when the other products feature pink, but then discovered it's just the bottle that is gray.  Duh me.  lol

Royal Baker's Confection - 'A sophisticated, warm amber base note. Blended with multiple rich dark vanillas.'
A soap sample that I received, this is an interesting scent I think I might like.  It's like a rich, exotic vanilla scent.

 Copper Kettle Corn - 'Freshly-popped popcorn blended with a little sweetness and a little salt.'
 I like the smell of real popcorn, like when it's available to eat, but I find I'm not fond of the scent in home fragrance or body products.  This has a sort of oatmeal scent to it, and seems familiar, but I'm still not a fan of it.  This was the second soap sample included in my order.

And a festive little goody bag of Halloween fun!  There was candy and rings and stickers.  Such a fun littler extra.  Thank you, Kim!

I have not tried any of these items yet but now that I'm finally getting this posted I will definitely start using them.  I'm also looking forward to seeing what's in part two of the Nature's Art fall release.

Have you tried Nature's Art?

9 comments:

  1. Nice order! I love Pink Sugar. I hope the scrub is nice. I am fresh out of scrubs and need to replenish. That Royal Bakers Confection sounds like it needs to be ordered. I have a weakness for amber vanillas. Enjoy your Weenie goodies! You should sport the spider ring to work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be funny to wear the spider at work but, sadly, we can not wear jewelry at work.

      I tried the scrub and it's kinda weird because the white part in the center is just a smooth cream, while the pink around the edge is where the sugar scrub is. I'm undecided how I feel about that. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I have not but the soap featuring Pink Sugar is definitely something I would like --no LOVE.
    I had the same reaction as you when I saw the picture for the lotion --why is that an army green color?
    Also agree with you about the popcorn scented soap -definitely a no.
    now I"m kinda obsessing about that first soap and lotion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Pink Sugar soap yet, or the lotion, but I can report that the sugar scrub is strongly scented and that scent does linger on the skin.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Update - I tried to try the lotion but found the bottle is too hard (stiff) to be able to squeeze some out, and it's too small to be able to shake some out. Oh, and the lotion is thick, so it doesn't *want* to come out. Hmmm. Not sure what to do about this, and not sure why such bottles were used. Hmmm.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. That scrub looks soo amazing! I like the look of the top soap, too. And the scrub's label.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the scrub now and it is pretty nice. The soap might end up coming to you because I just can't seem to get back into using bar soaps. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Well, I'll take it if you decide that. Ironic you can't get back into bar soap. I'm glad the scrub is good!

      Delete
    3. I've had a few urges to make it again though! lol

      ~Deb

      Delete