Friday, October 24, 2014

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Apple Cinnamon Donuts

Apple Cinnamon Donuts - 'A new CFTKR blend...our sweet apple and bakery cinnamon mixed with a wonderful cakey donut iced with a sweet glaze.'

 This was a nice apple-cinnamon scent with a little bit something else going on.  The spice was not strong, just adding some warmth.  There was almost a perfume-y note to the apple-cinnamon part, weird as that sounds.  The donut note was more of a doughy type than a finished pastry type.  At times that almost ruined this scent for me.  But overall, it was still a nice enough scent.

I melted this 1.2 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had a lighter medium scent.

(This tart was a gift.)

6 comments:

  1. This is one I have enjoyed before. Carol has a zillion apple bakery blends! You could live a lifetime before melting them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think caramel apple is my favorite apple scent. I like apple cinnamon if there is a bit of a bakery note with it, like an obvious pie scent. This doughy note wasn't a favorite though.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This sounds nice! I agree with Julie, there are a gazillion apple bakery blends and most of them are excellent! Glad you liked this! Love the nice label on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mentioned above, I do like apple cinnamon with a bakery note, but this doughy note was not for me. I prefer a spiced apple pie scent over plain cinnamon apple.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I would highly recommend using a tealight warmer for Carol's tarts. I get a stronger throw that way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to only use tea light warmers before I gave in and got a Glade hot plate warmer. It's been a while since I've had CFTKR tarts but if I'm remembering correctly it seems like I've gotten better results in the Glade warmer. I'll go back to my tea light warmers for some of the next ones, see how they do.

      ~Deb

      Delete