Monday, November 3, 2014

Haul - Front Porch Candle Co.

I decided recently that I would go ahead and start ordering from Front Porch more often.  I like that this is a vendor that's always open and has a quick TAT.  Shipping is free (factored into the slightly higher prices) so it's not a problem to place several small orders.

Strawberry Mint Ice Cream - 'Blend of Strawberry,Peppermint, and Ice Cream.'
This is really nice, sweet and creamy mint scent.  It's minty, first and foremost, but so creamy and with just enough of the strawberry to add a bit of a twist.  I think the strawberry kicks it off course just enough that this doesn't strike me as a Christmas scent the way mints often do.

(I got this in the 8 oz. bag of brittle because it wasn't available in grubby tart form, and I really wanted to see how this scent compares to the other I'm thinking of.)

Peppermint Coconut Mallow - [no scent description]
This is another sweet and creamy peppermint scent.  I'm not sure you'd ever recognize that there is coconut, specifically, in here.  It mainly just works with the marshmallow to boost the sweetness and creaminess.  The mint is a softer (not lighter) in here.  I prefer this one over the previous one.

Peppermint Eggnog - [no scent description]
Pretty self explanatory, I guess.  Peppermint + eggnog.  Still mainly a mint scent but it's the lightest mint of these three.  I do get the eggnog notes, sometimes stronger than others.  Interesting scent, but probably my least favorite of these three.

Not a huge order.  It was mainly meant to get those first two scents so I could see how closely they compare to the other scents I hinted at.  A separate post about that is coming soon.

Are you a Front Porch fan?  Ordered any lately?

2 comments:

  1. Love that Front Porch! I have been in stalk mode for the peppermint coconut mallow. I have found I prefer the grubbies to brittle. It might be all in my mind but I feel like the grubs are stronger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had FP's brittle before this but in general, I don't like brittle either. Whenever Jenny (RG) says she has brittle in the back, I'm usually like 'Nah.' I think it's because you have to play around with pieces and guess how much you need. It's like cutting wax for me. I don't like it. I just want to drop the right sized piece and the warmer and be done.

      ~Deb

      Delete