Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Haul - Ten Digit Creations / Body Wash


Oatmeal, Milk & Honey - 'Classic fragrance of fresh vanilla, soy milk and a base note of nutty almond.'

Any of you that have known me for a while know that I used to be a soap maker.  When I stumbled across handcrafted goat milk soap several years ago, it had me diving headfirst into the wonderful world of handmade soaps and other products.  It introduced me to Etsy.  More recently, I've phased out of my former handcrafted bar soap craze and gone back to retail body washes.  I'm lazy and spoiled by the insta-lather of the store brands.  Very recently it occurred to me that, duh, some bath and body indie vendors also make body washes.  Why the heck don't I try those?  So I placed a couple orders and this one, from Ten Digit Creations, is the first one I received.

It's arrival was quite messy.  Even though the bottle was packaged in a sealed ziploc bag, enough had leaked out that even the inside of the mailer was a drippy mess.  I emailed Ten Digit Creations to let them know about the mishap.  They offered a partial refund, which I declined.  I got the bottle cleaned up easy enough and there was still plenty left.  I couldn't wait to use it!

I've used this body wash several days now.  Somewhere along the way, I got it into my head that handcrafted body washes don't lather as much.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that is incorrect, at least in this case.  The product is very thin and watery, not at all like the thicker gel types that retail brands usually are.  I felt like I was having to use so much because of it's runny consistency but I also found that is not true either.  I've scaled back how much I squirt onto my shower pouf, and I still get plenty of lather.

Yes, this lathers like a charm.  It's still not quite as luxurious as store-bought brands but it's close.  The lather isn't quite as thick, and doesn't last as long.  It still spoils this lazy girl though!  The scent is on the lighter side.  I smell it easily in the shower but don't really notice it lingering on my skin much afterwards.  That's okay if you're going to be applying scented lotions or if you were perfume and don't want scents to clash.  I don't really mind either way at the moment.  Sometimes I'd like my shower scents to hand around longer, sometimes I don't care.

This was a pleasant introduction to handmade body washes.  I love the lightning fast TAT from Ten Digit Creations.  This 8 oz. bottle costs $7.50 on the website.  I think I would probably order body wash again from this vendor, but I'm not ready to commit to that yet because I have one from another vendor coming that I want to try, and I've also found some goat milk body washes on Etsy that I want to try.

Still, I am enjoying this product and am glad I've decided to try it.

I know there are a lot of handcrafted bar soap lovers out there, but do any of you use handcrafted body washes?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've had good results with TDC's wax, so glad to hear their body wash is up to snuff as well, especially since my fave body care vendor, Bathed & Infused, recently shut down for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Bathed & Infused, and now they're closed. *sigh*

      I don't have a post up yet for it, but I'm actually enjoying a different vendor's body wash more. I'll try to get the post up tomorrow.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Glad to see a good review of their body wash! I have had my eye on their stuff for a while now but have yet to commit. Bummer about the leaking, but glad it ended up being not much lost. I would love to try homemade body wash, good to know people make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I'm finding handcrafted body washes (not just this vendor) are too expensive to continue with. They might be nice for a bathing treat now and then, but just way too expensive for every day.

      ~Deb

      Delete