Sunday, November 16, 2014

Melted - Petals Bath Boutique / Pink Sugar

Pink Sugar - 'A fruity blend of Cotton Candy, Lemon Drops, Caramel and Raspberry Jam on a dry down of musk.

Pink Sugar blends are uber popular in the wax world.  I first discovered the scent way back in the earliest days of my handcrafted soap obsession, and have always preferred it more in bath and body products than in home fragrance.  These two little hearts came as samples in my Petals order from the fall release, and after the success of the Venom tart I melted earlier, I decided to go ahead and give these a try.

The scent, for those who aren't familiar with it, is a deep, sweet musky scent.  It's a heavier scent than the usual bright and pretty floral type perfumes.  I never really pick out any of the notes individually.  They combine to make a sort of rich caramel candy scent dipped in musk.

These two little tarts combined only weighed .6 of an ounce.  I'm one who likes to melt lesser amounts of wax, but even I was a bit leery of just .6.  I super surprised and impressed that find these teeny little buggers were amazingly strong.  They didn't throw all over the house, but in the room where the warmer was, the scent was strong.  And unlike the weird sticky cooled wax of the Venom tart, this popped right out after a few minutes in the freezer.

Can't wait to get my new Petals tarts!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, you liked it!! Glad you had good luck with a such a small amount of wax. Can't wait for your Petals haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still much prefer it in body products. I can't wait for this next haul either!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Woohoo!!!! Petals goodies!!!! I liked these lil hearts. Why do I have such a hard time melting small amounts?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it's easier to just plunk a big chunk in. Because the bowls are always so large. Because the common mindset is that more is better. Because melting more gets you through your stash faster. hehe

      I use the really small amounts in my tea light warmers because the bowls are much smaller than my Glade warmer. I think a tiny amount in the large Glade bowl might be too thinly spread out and might scorch a bit. I don't know, just a thought I've had.

      ~Deb

      Delete