Sunday, November 16, 2014

Melted - Petals Bath Boutique / Venom

Venom - 'An effervescent blend of juicy Cherry and berries highlighted with fresh citrus notes and vanilla.'

Petals Bath Boutique has long been one of my favorite handcrafted bath and body product vendors but I'm quite new to Kia's wax offerings.  I had a pumpkin one from the fall release, although I don't think I ever did a Melted post for it.  And this one, called Venom, is a cute Halloween design.  The wax is quite soft, and sort of oily feeling.  The pumpkin one had a light scent so I wasn't expecting much from this one.  Wow, was I wrong.  This guy threw like a champ!  I melted this whole thing in my Glade hot plate warmer and it scented the whole downstairs of my house, with a healthy medium-strong scent.

I already knew I liked the Venom scent.  It used to be known as Bitten, if I'm remembering correctly.  I had it in soap form a few years ago.  It's a bright, happy, cherry scent with a hint of fizzy.  I don't get a distinct vanilla note but it might be toning the cherry down just a bit.  I would not want to melt this type of scent all the time but once in a while is a fun treat for the nose.

One problem I've found with this wax is that is does not want to come out of the warmer after it's cooled back down.  I always do the freezer method, and most wax will pop right out.  This, however, does not freeze hard.  It stays a sort of thick, sticky, gummy consistency and not even my little plastic tool can get it to pop out.  I had to let it get back to room temperature and start digging it out.  That's a huge bummer for me.

(This tart was a gift.)

2 comments:

  1. I had a feeling this one would be strong. The pumpkin one was light though. I noticed some vendors' wax sticking in my plates too after freezing. Kinda frustrating. I like seeing the soap makers dabbling in wax now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last formula of Melting Fairy wax that I had was sticking in the bowl. Others though, even if they're stubborn, once I wedge my little plastic tool under the edge and break the suction seal they will pop out.

      I'm hesitant when soap makers dabble in wax, or when the wax makers dabble in soap. I just go in with low expectations.

      ~Deb

      Delete