Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Melted - Vintage Chic Scents / Autumn In Salem

Autumn In Salem - 'Pumpkin cinnamon sugared donut.'

This is a nice, cozy scent.  I wouldn't really consider it a fall scent, but more of a cold weather scent.  It is a warm bakery scent, more of a cinnamon donut with pumpkin than a pumpkin spice with donut.  It does have a bit of a spicy kick, lots of cinnmaon on those donuts.  The pumpkin reminds me of the canned puree type scent, and is quietly in the background.

I chopped this leaf into thirds and melted about .9 ounces in each of my two tea light warmers and my Glade hot plate warmer.  I had one in each of the three main rooms in the downstairs of our house.  Even with all three going together, the scent remained a very pleasant medium strength.  Usually I always think I prefer scents much stronger, but then I find some that almost seem better when they're not so inyerface.  I think this is one of those.

(This tart was a gift.)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely blend! Her spicy scents are pretty good. Don'y you love these big leaf tart?! She has really come into her own as a vendor. Makes me want donuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we've talked about it before but she has definitely done it right. Some just dive into it to make some quick money. She's a very well thought out and put together vendor.

      Gonna melt another of hers next. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Exactly! And the thing is, it's not just her wax, either! Her attention to detail, great scent blends, cute little doilies and packaging, her wrapping techniques when shipping...everything is so uniform. Plus, her vintage style is a real winner! Can't wait to hear about what you're melting next! :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this one too. I melted a tart tonight I was glad didn't throw strong. If it had, I would have been miserable. It was a great smell but could have crossed the obnoxious line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how sometimes weaker IS better.

      ~Deb

      Delete