Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Melted - Vintage Chic Scents / House of Wax


House of Wax - 'Sweet maple, butterscotch, marshmallow cream.'

I did not recall the scent description of this when I started melting it.  Immediately, I was oohing and aahing over it, and it was driving me nuts trying to think of what it reminded me of.  Eventually I did have to go look it up and as soon as I saw it was maple and butterscotch I was like 'Aha!'  I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the maple butterscotch something or other scent from Better Homes & Gardens, which is one of my favorites.  I don't have any of that one on hand to compare though.  

This one is a very sweet scent, but it's a deep, rich sweetness, not like a sugary candy sweet.  The butterscotch might be the stronger note.  The maple is right there but I didn't think of syrup or pancakes, so that's why I think the butterscotch might be stronger.  It's given a bit of a creaminess from the marshmallow.

I divided this leaf into three pieces, around .7 oz each, and melted them in my tea light and Glade hot plate warmers.  I had a medium-strong scent throughout the house.  It was delicious, but any stronger would have made the richness overwhelming.

4 comments:

  1. Glad this threw nicely. The butterscotch and marshmallow sound yummy. I have been on a caramel/butterbrickle/mallow kick lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart has that big center aisle bin of wax again and I saw the one this reminds me of in there. Almost grabbed a pack but in the end my I'm Not Buying Wax Right Now self discipline won out.

      This was a really nice one though!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. The throw and general scent of this tart sounds comfortable without being overpowering. Yay! Her marshmallow is nice. This one has your name written all over it!

    ReplyDelete