Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Review - Clairol Hair Food (Conditioner)

When I first saw this Clairol Hair Food in my recent Moda VoxBox from Influenster I was a bit leery.  I'm a very low maintenance girl, cheap and quick 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioners for me, thank you.  But in the spirit of the program, I decided to give it a try.  This is a hair mask (conditioner) that appears to be infused with foodie things.  I'm drawn to things like that, for whatever reason.  When you look at the ingredients though, you see a whole bunch of chemicals and big scary looking words, and only honey way down on the list.  Ha.

Well, I decided to give it a try anyway.  The first time I used it, I was amazed.  Even while I was still in the shower, my hair felt a billion times better, so soft and smooth as silk.  That first half of the day, I was still impressed.  It definitely made my hair softer and shinier.  Then my opinion started to change.  I was my hair every other day and that's usually fine.  With this stuff, by the afternoon of the first day it was starting to look like my hair was limp and dirty.  It wasn't dirty, or oily, though.  It was just this stuff weighing it down.  It was still soft and shiny, but my hair just wanted to lay very flat and straight and limp.  I tried it again two days later just to see if it would be any better and no, it wasn't.  My hair just looked heavy and limp by the afternoon.

I stopped using this after two uses and have no further interest in this product.

(I received this conditioner for free, for testing and review.  All opinions are my own.)

1 comment: