Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Haul - Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale

Look what just arrived on my doorstep!  I'd received a Bath & Body Works gift certificate for my birthday and since it could only used online, and the semi-annual sale started online the day after Christmas, what better time to use it?

There were so many things that I would have like to get, but I tried to stay practical.  All those millions of candles I was drooling over would have been put aside for next fall and Christmas, and I didn't want to do it that way again.  I'm hoping to buy fresh and only as I go through things next fall and winter.  As for body care, it takes me forever to go through lotions and sprays, so I tend to go for the smaller sizes there.  Even shower gels take me a while since hubby and Casey use their own.  So yeah, this might look like a slightly underwhelming haul.  lol

Dark Kiss
The quick description of this is 'A seductive blend of dark berries with a kiss of vanilla,' but there is so much more than that going on in this scent.  I was thrilled to see this because I could have sworn this was discontinued long ago.  I noticed it says this is an online exclusive.  I got a full sized shower gel and lotion.

Black Raspberry Vanilla
I grabbed a full size shower gel of this, hoping it will pair well with the Bodycology Blackberry Vanilla lotion I got for Christmas.

Mad About You
I'd not heard of this scent before receiving a full sized bottle of the lotion for Christmas.  I decided to grab the travel size shower gel and spray to go with it.  This scent is described on the site as 'A love-struck pairing of soft peonies & black currant kissed with creamy vanilla musk.'  Do you see a trend here?  Dark berries, vanilla, and musk.  I guess that's me.

Twilight Woods
I've had this before and since I received a full sized lotion for Christmas and thought I'd get the travel sized shower gel and spray to go with it.  I think there is a Bodycology scent similar to this, and I know I liked that, so maybe I can pair it with the lotion when these little babies run out.

Warm Vanilla Sugar
I think this was my introduction to Bath & Body Works, many years ago.  It's still a favorite.  I received a full sized shower gel, and a Bodycology Toasted Sugar lotion for Christmas, so I grabbed this travel sized spray to go with them.

Pumpkin Cupcake
Although there were a ton of amazing looking candles on sale, I didn't want to stock up on things for next year.  I do love the look of these mason jar candles though, and I need a bit more to use up the gift certificate, so I caved . . . just a wee bit.

Pumpkin Gingerbread
I'm not sure I realized this was a mini when I ordered it, and even if I did, I had no idea just how tiny it would be.  It's freakin' adorable!!!!  I want a million of these next fall and winter!  It is a miniature mason jar, complete with lid!  It is a 1.3 ounce candle.  So so sooooo, farking cute!  I just might have to go back to the site and grab more, just in case they don't have them next year.  Heck, I might even have to hit up the actual store!  And since they included two '20% off your order' coupons, I can get 20% more minis.  wOOt!

That is my slightly boring but very practical Bath & Body Works haul.  Did you elbow your way through the semi-annual sale?  What did you get?  What are some of your favorites?  Most importantly, have you seen those mini mason jar candles?!

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul!!! That candle is seriously cute. I noticed it right off in the group photo. I like DarkKiss and Twilight Woods too. Great scents. I think Sun Ripened Raspberry was my gateway BBW in the 90's. Warm Vanilla Sugar is great. Enjoy your smellies! Review those candles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The candles are getting tucked away until next fall. I went back to the site to look for more of those baby masons and couldn't find any. I did some snooping around online and it almost looks like that one was just a special little holiday thing.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. What a haul! You got some excellent stuff! Black Raspberry Vanilla is so, so good. Those tiny candles are cute, I wonder if they will be back? I don't even remember hearing about them at all! Pumpkin Cupcake is always a sure bet, mmmmm, that picture looks delicious. Twilight Woods is also a good one, I like your scent trend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Lemon Vanilla was added to the sale and I almost placed a second order. I kept putting it in my cart and starting the checkout, then dumped it and left the site. I keep trying to tell myself 'You don't need to spend that money,' and so far it's been working.

      ~Deb

      Delete