Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Melted - Up The Creek Scents / Root Beer Float

Root Beer Float - 'Delicious authentic Root Beer Float scent!'

I love Root Beer.  To drink, that is.  But as home fragrance?  That I'm not too sure on.  This scent is dead on, a nice big creamy A&W Root Beer.  It was fun to smell in the beginning, but then it just started to be a bit too much.  Not a bad scent at all, just not something I'd want as a home fragrance.

I melted this one ounce tart and had nice strong throw throughout the house.  Casey said he could even smell it upstairs in his room.  Even on a lighter level, I think this might have gotten old fast.  I did let it go through an entire tea light burn (about four hours) so that tells you it wasn't horrible, but it's just not something I'd ever want again as far as home fragrance goes.

(This was a gift.)



4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I have to agree though, I don't think I would enjoy it as a home fragrance. I am not big on cherry cola scents either. Seems weird to me in wax. Nice to know it threw well. I have great luck with UTC tarts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, I've had good luck with them too. It's one of those vendors I never think to order from.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I totally see what you mean. It's like the fizziness of a soda. At first, it's nice and appreciated, but then it makes everything flat and unusable. Well, it made sense in my mind, LOL. Most cola scents are 50/50 here, but root beer is one that Josh loves all the time. I, too, can get tired of it rather quickly. At least UTC makes some pretty good tarts overall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to soda type scents, 7Up/lemon-lime is the one I can tolerate most.

      ~Deb

      Delete