Friday, January 30, 2015

Melted - BH&G / Vanilla Caramel Spice

Vanilla Caramel Spice - [no scent description]

I've had this scent at least twice before, and was disappointed in it both times.  I happened to get this again as a Christmas gift, so here we go again.  And third time's a charm indeed, sort of.  The problem I've had in the past is that the scent seems much creamier on cold sniff, then all of the sudden tons of spice come out once it's warmed.  I was somewhat prepared for that this time and I'm much more accepting of it this time . . . but as a fall scent.  On cold sniff I do get a bit of the sweet caramel scent, and there is some creaminess.  Warmed though, this is almost total spice, with those remaining traces of vanilla just barely keeping it from being a dry, too harsh type spice scent.  Spice haters will probably want to stay away from this one.

I melted two cubes in my tea light warmer and had good strong scent and throw.  I will tuck the rest of this pack away until fall, and see how I feel about it then.

8 comments:

  1. Bummer that this was disappointing all of the times you've melted it! It sounds like it would be a good one. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't really disappointing this time if I accept it as a fall scent. Funny though, how this one keeps coming around for me.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I've tried this one too. Exactly for the same reason you stated - it smells much creamier cold than warmed. Normally anything blatantly spicy will have me looking the other way. It performed well though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious how I'll feel about this in the fall, now that I've tucked the remainder away until then. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. This is one of the few our walmart has and I always smell it, then put it back. Glad I did. Three times is plenty of a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always seems to be at my Walmart too. Makes me wonder if no one is buying it, or if it's a popular one. They should change the name. I don't get any caramel out of it.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I think its one of the best ones. Altho, it is very strong melting vs cold scent. So I just cut the cubes in half and melt it that way. Still has a strong scent, but not overpowering at all. Plus it's like buying 2 for the price of one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite curious how I'll feel about it when I try it again this fall, since it reminded me of a fall type scent.

      ~Deb

      Delete