Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Melted - Glade / Creamy Custard

Creamy Custard - 'Decadent. Delicious. Delightful. When the scent of whipped vanilla and white chocolate meet notes of buttercream and sugar, there’s simply no reason not to treat yourself.'

 This is a rich, somewhat creamy scent that I'm undecided about.  On one hand, I do like that deep, rich vanilla scent.  But on the other, I think just enough of the chocolate note is coming through from the white chocolate that it's throwing the whole thing off for me.  If you've followed this blog for a while you probably know that I'm not a big fan of chocolate scents in home fragrance.  It is still a nice, quite sweet yet still warm and comforting scent though.

I melted one cube in my tea light warmer and was only getting a medium scent at first.  I popped one cube into my Glade warmer while the tea light warmer was still going and it boosted the scent to a lighter side of strong, with good throw, sending the scent creeping all over the downstairs of my house.

I'm not sure I'd buy this particular scent again.

3 comments:

  1. Chocolate. Yep that would kill it for me too. But a good throw is promising!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Prefer chocolate in my tummy, not in my wax.

      Delete
    2. It's not a strong chocolate note. I mean, I didn't know it was chocolate until I looked at the description while writing the post. At the time it was more of a 'Meh, that odd note is killing it.'

      I sniffed Glade's Angel Whispers today. It was quite nice, a very pretty scent. It reminded me of Pretty In Pink, from Scentsationals, but of course I didn't have that on hand to compare. It's only in candle form though, not melts. I might buy it anyway.

      ~Deb

      Delete