Thursday, January 29, 2015

Melted - Scentsationals / Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink - [no scent description]

I'd heard talk in the wax community recently about this scent and another being similar to the ever popular Pink Sugar.  I'm not a huge Pink Sugar fan in home fragrance (love it in body care though) but my closest waxy friends were all curious about it so I joined the hunt to find it, for them.  My Walmart had that big center aisle bin of wax shortly after Christmas, and it was filled with a mix of leftover fall and winter scents, as well as some sneak peek spring scents.  You had to dig to find things though, and that's what I did to find this.  I found two packs, divided them up to send those waxy friends some cubes to try, and had a couple left for myself.

(The other scent in question is Sugared Lavender Twist, from Better Homes & Gardens.  I only found one pack of that, and did not keep any for myself.)

This is a very pretty scent.  It's sweet, perfume-like, but there is a hint of creaminess and vanilla.  I can see how Pink Sugar might come to mind.  I'm no Pink Sugar expert by any means and I don't even have any here to compare.  I don't think this is close enough to call it a dupe though.  This seems brighter, lighter.  Waxy friend Julie mentioned she thought there might be peonies happening in here.  I do like this though.  There is just enough of that sweet, creamy vanilla to keep it from being too floral or too perfume-y.

I melted two cubes of this in my tea light warmer and had surprisingly good results.  The scent was a light-medium, which totally worked in this case.  Any stronger and it could have easily been too much.  Throw was excellent, and I had very lovely light background scent in all areas of the downstairs of my house.

This is a surprise hit for me, and I will be keeping my eye out for more.

4 comments:

  1. Oooooooh this post makes me happy!! Thank you for allowing me to try this! Both have been tossed into my basket. I just stopped by Wal-Mart again and no dice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever see it again at my store I'll grab more. Wish there was a scent description so we had some idea what notes are in it. We could try to recreate it, hehe.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Thanks for letting me try this one, Deb! It is quite a lovely scent! Glad you liked it and that it surprised you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really something I normally would have grabbed but I had to see for myself what all the fuss is about. Glad I did.

      ~Deb

      Delete