Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tiny Collective Wax Haul

I'll be stepping back from the indie vendor world of wax for a while, and going back to retail brands as we start this new year.  There are a variety of reasons for this, but a huge part is that I just don't like how most of the indie vendors do business now.  I don't want to join Facebook groups to know when I can order.  I don't want to stalk websites in hopes of getting an order in.  And I certainly do not like the long TATs that are becoming more and more 'accepted.'  With the retail brands, I can sniff and know if I like them or not right on the spot.  I can easily go pick up a pack or two if I'm needing some.  It's fun to see the new scents and products come out.  So yeah, this is my plan for now.

At my Walmart, for a while now there has been a clearance section on the end of the cleaning products aisle.  All of the fall and winter Glade, Febreze, etc. scents have been moved over to there.  I resisted buying anything from here because I don't want to overload myself with a stockpile of last year's fall and winter scents, thereby limiting what new scents there might be later on.  I had a bunch of Glade coupons though, so I went ahead and got a few things.  Turns out two of these didn't ring up as clearance priced, and one of my coupons never got scanned.  I didn't notice until I was already home though.  Oh well.

Red Apple Bakery is just a nice, generic apple cinnamon scent.  A staple for fall.

Pumpkin Pie Diner is such an awesome pumpkin scent.  It's way better than Glade's much too harsh and spicy pumpkin selection from 2013.  I had a candle of this for fall 2014 and decided to grab another to save for fall 2015 just in case they're pumpkin choice this year sucks.

Creamy Custard is one I don't think I've ever had.  I remember wanting it at one point and my store never had it.  When I saw that it was there now, I grabbed one.  This isn't fall packaging, and I'm sure it's not a fall scent, so I don't know why it was in the clearance section.  There was a whole row of them, not just this misplaced package.  It's just a yummy 'safe' sort of rich creamy vanilla scent.  Comforting and mellow.

 I had grabbed this Vanilla Latte candle on a previous shopping trip.  I'd had my eye on it for a while and finally just decided to grab it.  It's another rich and creamy vanilla scent, with just the slightest hints of coffee.

The design on the glass makes this a quietly pretty candle, easily reusable for something else after the candle is gone.  Not sure just what I'll use it for, but I'm going to try and find something.

That's my tiny little haul.  I've been seeing the spring scents coming out in Glade and Febreze already.  I haven't paid too much attention to them because I'm just not in that kind of mood quite yet.  I do love the look of the Febreze mason jar candles though!  Have you seen them in your store?

Are you a fan of any retail brand home fragrance products?

4 comments:

  1. Creamy custard sounds promising! Sorry about the price and coupon kerfuffle. That is frustrating. I can't say I have really bought Glade or a Febreeze melts but I enjoy quite a few BGH and BBW scents. I keep wanting to try Ashland melts at Michael's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go for the candles when it comes to Glade and Febreze but since I'm going to try more retail this year, I thought I'd go ahead and give the melts a fair chance.

      Try the Ashland melts! Are they pricey? Those hobby store brands seem to be, from what I've seen. And I'm always leery about them. We don't have a Michael's near here though, so I'm not at all familiar with Ashland.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I think the fabreeze candles are in such great quality glass. And the one you have here, the etched one, makes it even nicer. I was really surprised at how thick and substantial the glass is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glade ones are a sturdy glass too, but none of those have been pretty like this Febreze one.

      ~Deb

      Delete