Sunday, January 25, 2015

Treatsie - January 2015 Box

It's Treatsie box time again.  You might remember from last month's initial Treatsie post, that I had excitedly signed up for a full year subscription.  After some consideration, I decided to cancel for financial reasons.  So when I received a shipping notification for the next box, I was confused.  I contacted Treatsie's customer support again and they said that yes, they'd cancelled the subscription . . . for after my one year.  What the heck?  The girl was like, 'Oh, did you want it cancelled effective immediately and get a refund?'  Um, yeah.  It has now been straightened out and this should be my last box.

Since I got the box, let's go ahead and see what came in it.

Biscuit Gourmet Biscotti, in The Muse flavor.  'Chocolate biscotti with chunks of dark Belgian chocolate.'  I don't know if I've ever eaten biscotti.  I've seen and heard of some yummy sounding flavors but it seems like such a dry, hard thing to me.  How does one eat it?  Just grab and go, like a cookie or something?  Dunked in coffee or milk?

Buddha Chocolate's Almond Butter Cup.  'Stone ground dark chocolate paired with slow roasted almond butter.  Each cup is hand poured and hand wrapped.'  I'm really curious about this little guy.  Have not tried it yet.

Dallas Caramel Company, Armadillos.  'Texas pecans sandwiched between a thick layer of caramel and a sweet piece of dark chocolate.'  Hubby was immediately eyeballing these.  I had to steal them away so I could take some bloggy pics before he inhaled them.

Dallas Caramel Company again, this time with an assortment of caramels that includes Apple Pie, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Orange, Sea Salt, Texas Drunken Nut, and Original.  We're also looking forward to diving into these.  Not quite sure what Drunken Nut flavor with be though.  *eyebrow cocked*

I'm almost sad I cancelled my subscription.  There are other places we can use that money though, and I can continue to see what goodies Treatsie sends out by following some bloggy friends who continue to receive the boxes.

Are you a fan of the Treatsie subscription box?  Do you like to indulge in gourmet treats, or are you more of a common treat type person?

4 comments:

  1. You are lightening quick lady!

    I am eyeing your chocolate biscotti, I got a different flavor. They are yummy dipped in coffee, tea, milk. Those caramels have me jumping for joy. I should have sent you my chocolate cup. Hm.

    Enjoy your sweets <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The almond butter cup was interesting. Hubby didn't care for it because he's not a dark chocolate fan. It wasn't something I'd like to eat a lot of but it was nice to try.

      The caramels have been blah to me so far. I had the coconut one, and then hubby and I split the cinnamon and chocolate ones.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Love this post! The caramels were so good. As for biscotti, it's goot dipped in coffee or tea or eaten alone. This biscotti has a nice hint of cinnamon to it, quite good! I didn't care for the almond butter cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get this same flavor of biscotti? I still haven't tried mine yet. We went through all the caramels though.

      ~Deb

      Delete