Sunday, January 25, 2015

Yankee Gift Certificate Haul, Part 2

I recently posted a small Yankee haul from when hubby and I stopped at the outlet store near us to use a gift certificate I'd received over the holidays.  We'd come out of there with a small balance left to use and I thought that would be perfect to try a new scent I'd noticed online.  So the next day, I placed a tiny order.  It kinda sucked because I had to pay shipping.  I should have just placed a larger order and made it more worth it.  This order was also a pain in the butt as far as using that gift certificate online.  I ended up in the Yankee customer support live chat three times during that transaction and have nothing good to say about that part of it.  (Yankee, take note!  Train your support people!  Thank you.)

Drama aside, let's see what I decided to get.

Early Sunrise - 'A new day dawns crisp and fresh in this clean lemony citrus scent with hints of ginger and tea.'
I *think* this is a new scent.  I do know it's an online exclusive.  The description sounded so intriguing.  I'm all about lemon, and last year I was really into tea scents.  On cold sniff, however, I'm not sure if I like this or not.  Hubby said it reminds him of Off bug spray.  Doh!  I do get a bit of that, but now that the initial shock to my nose has warn off, I think I'm able to pick out the notes now.  I do get the tea, in a big way.  The lemon is soft, sort of in the background.  I'm really curious how this will be when warmed.  There is potential to go either way.

Pink Sands - 'It's an exotic island escape in the beautiful mix of bright citrus, sweet florals and spicy vanilla.'
I received a Scenterpiece melting system late last year and had mixed thoughts about it all.  I knew I wanted to try more scents, and since the outlet store doesn't yet have them, I went ahead and grabbed a couple in my tiny little order.  I remember liking Pink Sands, and I seem to remember it being a fairly strong scent from when we had it in votive form, so I decided it would be a good one to try in meltcup form.

Vanilla Cupcake - 'Just like those baked treats that fill your home with their delicious aroma, the notes of vanilla, lemon and buttery icing combine beautifully for a long lasting fragrance you will savor.'
Since I seem to be slowing down on wax, I think I can see myself using the Scenterpiece system more because I can just turn it on and leave it going all day.  If I want to switch scents I can just take one cup out and put another in.  With the 'let it go all day' thing in mind, I wanted a safe and mellow scent to try.  A nice, simple cupcake scent always works.

So yes, I will be giving that Scenterpiece another try very soon.  And if I can get into it, I will gladly be placing a larger order for more scent cups.

That's part two of my gift certificate haul.  I want to thank that gift giver once again!

Have you discovered any new favorite Yankee treasures?

10 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to more Yankee scent cup reviews. Pink Sands is nice. Have you ever cut up your votives and melted them or do you strictly burn them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have melted votives instead of burning them, but haven't done it for a while. I'm not against doing it again. Have you done it that way?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. So excited to see more Scenterpiece action in your future. Hopefully you get better results. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be getting more excited about the idea of the Scenterpiece again now that I've slowed down so much on tarts. I know I can just pop something in the Glade warmer and leave it on all day like what I said I think I might like doing with the Scenterpiece, but I don't know, there's something about it that's calling to me.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I like the lavender and Yankee Candle Cinnamon Christmas candle. Thanks for sharing. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a scent called Honey & Spice has returned for a limited time, but it looks like it's only in large jars. That one sounds interesting to me. I'm not a big lavender fan but for some reason, I want to get their lavender-vanilla and lavender-lemon (whatever the proper names are).

      Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I like Early Sunrise a lot, though the throw is not strong. It was a Bed Bath & Beyond for a little while, but since then I've only seen it at the outlet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? I didn't even to think to look at the outlet because I'd seen it in the Online Exclusive section of the Yankee site.

      I don't have a Bed, Bath, and Beyond near me. Wish I did. I'm always hearing about fun things showing up there.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. The best thing about BB&B is the 20% off coupons :) Shopping there is an anxiety trigger for me (narrow, crowded aisles, high shelves), but I find good deals on tarts and votives in the clearance section.

      Delete
    3. Everyone talks about the great finds at TJ Maxx. We DO have that store nearby but I've only been in there once. I need to get out more. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete