Monday, February 16, 2015

Haul - Dollar Tree Randomness

I had to take my mom to town today so she could get her shopping done and we stopped at Dollar Tree.  She wanted to find cheap stylus pens for her tablet, and I had a couple things I wanted to check for.  Of course, I came out with extras and completely forgot to look for one of the main things I'd wanted.

This is one of the things I'd gone there for.  We have an end table in our living room, in the corner by the window and sort of blocked by two couches.  Nothing much ever really goes on that table.  It's always been sort of an empty space in the overall look of the room.  Well, since last fall when I placed a vase of fake fall flowers over there on a whim, I've decided I love the look of having something like that in that area.  I had gone ahead and bought some fake Christmas flowers, but once those got packed up after the holdiays that corner became rather bare again.  Then I saw someone's Dollar Tree Valentine's haul and she showed these cute roses with glittlery hearts.  I got all excited, thinking I'd just start grabbing whatever holiday Dollar Tree has such fake flowers for, and keep that vase livening up that corner table all year round!  Well, I didn't get there before Valentine's but I did still find some of the flowers.  I know there was also white but there were none of those left at my store.  I was able to dig a little and find a pink set and a red set though.  I'll grab white next year if I see them.

Since St. Patrick's Day is next, they had a pretty good selection of things and I was happy to find they have fake flowers for that too.  They had non-glittery ones too but I liked  the sparkly ones.  There are glittery shamrocks in there too, just like the hearts in the Valentine's one.

They have their Easter stuff out now, and there were so many things I wanted!  This was so cute though, so I had to grab it.  It's actually very small, the pot only being a little over two inches tall.  I might actually go back and get a couple more to place throughout the house.  There are different colored pots too.  See the little glittery egg in there?

Right when you walk in the door, they have a display of these solar tulip lights.  I love tulips!  They had pink, purple, and yellow.  I wanted to grab purple and yellow for Vikings colors but decided to wait and see how well this works first.  I think enough light comes through that corner window that this should work if stuck in the vase with other spring flowers.  Maybe I should go grab a yellow one before they're gone though.  Hmm.

Grabbed a card for Casey, whose birthday is coming up next week.

Got this little puzzle for the daughter of a friend.  I have to find something for her other daughter.  The friend is having Baby #3 later this month, so I'm including a little quickie gift for each of the girls along with what I get their new brother.

Because they have their Easter stuff out, I was happy to find some regular jelly beans.  I prefer the boring, old fashioned jelly beans over all the fancy flavored ones they have these days.  So yeah, grabbed these while I could find them.

I *love* these caramels with the cream centers.  I can't always find them other places so I usually grab a bag when I'm at Dollar Tree because they always seem to have them.

Also bought these cookies.  I love molasses cookies but rarely find them anywhere anymore.  Archway brand used to have the best ones.  Can't hardly find ANY Archway around here anymore.  Also bought oatmeal raisin for hubby.  These are soft and chewy cookies, and not bad for only one dollar.

I'll have to stop back next time I'm shopping alone and have more time to look around.  My mom can only walk for so long before getting tired and sore, so we don't do a lot of browsing.  And like I said, I totally forgot to even look for one of the main things I went there for!  So you might see another Dollar Tree haul coming soon.

Are you a Dollar Tree shopper?  Or do you avoid it like the cheapass plague?

6 comments:

  1. Lol! Your last question! I am a fan! I love getting decorations, holiday knick knacks for the girls and random things at the Dollar Tree.

    That Easter decoration is so cute. You can have all the jelly beans! I will take the Robin's eggs and Cadbury eggs.

    Archway does have good cookies. I love the iced oatmeal ones that are small and crunchy. Mmm!

    Very sweet of you to get the new to be sisters a wee gift. That goes a long way to making them feel included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not huge on jelly beans in this house but I do like to have them at Easter. I've never gotten into the Cadbury creme eggs. There is a no-name brand of speckled malt ball eggs that I find at Walmart that I absolutely love.

      I'm so bummed about the lack of Archway cookies around here. My grandma always used to have the lemon ones and I would LOVE to find those again.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Nice haul. Must. Get. Solar. Tulips! I'm more of a 99¢ Store fan, but the Dollar Tree is next door to the local Big Lots, so I drop in from time to time. Several of us standing in the interminable cashier line at Joann Fabrics the other day were discussing how great the dollar stores are now for fake foliage, which can get really pricey at the craft stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get more greenery here in the house. Our kitties won't let us have real plants (I kill plants anyway) so I keep meaning to add fake ones but never do because of the price. I grab a lot of seasonal flowers but never look at the everyday greenery types.

      I want more of the solar tulips now. That one I got is working nicely in the spot I got it for, so yeah, I want more. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I absolutely shop at the dollar tree and .99 store! I was all wrong about them before I tried them. For some reason I thought they were dirty with damaged goods but was pleasantly surprised when I got over myself and actually went in.
    I want to try those molasses cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way about dollar stores! I still don't shop there very often but it's taken watching YouTube Dollar Tree gurus to show me how popular these stores are and what gems you can find. Yeah, most of it is still cheap junk but sometimes it doesn't matter, depending on what you're buying.

      ~Deb

      Delete