Saturday, February 14, 2015

Haul - Rosegirls / Mini Melts

Rosegirls introduced 'mini melts' in their special opening earlier this month.  This is a new thing they are trying as a way to hopefully let more people order, with a shorter TAT, and keep the site open.  It is their hope that people will buy the mini melts and play around with their own blends, and perhaps alleviate the load when it's time for custom orders.  There is already some grumbling that these are shipping before the June and October orders, but I think once this settles down, this new option could be awesome.

I wasn't even going to order when the site opened February 1 with the debut of these mini melts.  I couldn't see, at the time, what difference it was going to make in the notoriously long TAT and impossibility of getting an order placed.  Something just kept tickling the back of my brain though and that morning I did find myself stalking the site.  I only had a small order planned, for money reasons and because I just wanted to see how this would work.  I couldn't believe how fast these got here!  My order was placed February 1, and I just received the package this morning, February 14!  I can see why people are grumbling about these mini melt orders going out so fast, but people should also realize, Rosegirls has added extra staff to help push this easier product along.  It's a messy gray area right now that *should* settle down now that the last of the old orders are being worked on.  And if the crazy hoarders don't overboard at the next custom ordering, things should be a lot better next time around.

So anyway!  Let's see what these new guys look like!

Vanilla Crunch Donuts - [no scent description]
Oooh yeah, this is right up my bakery alley.  This is one of those safe, homey scents like sugar cookie.  You know, when you just want something mellow going, or when company is coming and you're unsure of their scent tolerances.  I don't know how to describe it much more than vanilla bakery.

This bag contained 8 chunks, ranging in weight from .6-.9 oz. each.  The total weight was 6 ounces.

Cherry Cobbler - [no scent description]
A while ago I had wondered why I couldn't ever find cherry cobbler from any vendor.  I would always see various other cobblers, but never cherry.  So of course I had to order this.  I mainly get a cherry note on cold sniff, with an odd aftertaste note.  I was hoping for more of a cobbler presence, but hopefully that will come through more when warmed.

This bag contained 8 chunks, ranging in weight from .7-.9 oz. each.  The total weight was 6.2 ounces.

Lemon Biscotti - [no scent description]
Oh heck yeah!  You know I love my lemon scents!  And this one is super yummilicious.  It's a sweet lemon, with some creaminess, and a nice simple bakery note behind it.  So soo good.

This bag contained 11 chunks, ranging in weight from .4-.7 oz. each.  The total weight was 6.2 ounces.

Raspberry Coconut - [no scent description]
This one seemed like a good non-seasonal, everyday scent.  I'm so glad I picked this!  It's a stronger on the coconut, reminding me of the bagged coconut shreds you can buy in the baking aisle, but there is a fruit note in there to add some 'color.'  Looking forward to this one!

This bag contained 7 chunks, ranging in weight from .7-.9 oz. each.  The total weight was 6 ounces.

There were no free samples with my order.

I really hopes this works out for Rosegirls.  I think I'm already in love with these things.  I hate cutting wax, and I melt smaller portions (less is often more!), so these chunks are perfect.  I can just pick one out of the bag and toss it in the warmer without worrying how big it is.  I've never been good at coming up with blends anyway, so these single scent options are awesome for me.  And since the website is remaining open for mini melt orders, I can easily see myself going back to try things as I run out of the previous stuff.  I'm really looking forward to the fall and winter scents in this new easy to get and easy to use format!

Mini Melt bags come in two sizes.  The 6 oz. bag sells for $7.00 and the 16 oz. bag sells for $17.00.  The smaller bags are more than enough for me.  And you'll notice that they come in the clear zip bags instead of the usual brown bakery bags.  I know these bags are more expensive, but I do prefer them.  Oh and even though the Rosegirls store is local to me, the limited hours and never knowing what will be in stock is one more reason I'm really hoping this new line works out because I can order what I want and have it shipped right too me.

Are you excited for these little guys??
Will playing around with these curb your custom order appetite a bit, or only serve to make your custom orders bigger as you figure out blends you like?

10 comments:

  1. Yay, they came fast!! That bodes well for them! Does Vanilla Crunch Donuts have any sort of spice like Dunk My Donut seems to have? I love that the chunks are smaller because I hate cutting wax, too, I'm right there with ya. Seems like you got a wonderful mix of stuff you liked! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'd qualify it as spice, but there is a little bit of something in there. I'm not familiar enough with Dunk My Donut. I do have some Dunk My Donut Cuppa Cake Noel here and that has a definite spice note too it. This Vanilla Crunch Donuts doesn't have it like that.

      I don't remember, did you order?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. WOOT! So excited to read this! Faster TAT, yummy simple scents, new bags.... Can it get any better?? I am thinking my custom order size will shrink a little. I am curious to smell more single notes before blending more. This will help me tons. Glad to hear Vanilla Crunch Donuts are yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already wanting to place another order. It would be so perfect if they offered and even small bag, like a three ounce bag. I'd probably go crazy then.

      One thing....and I might add this to the actual post....is I wish they'd get a complete scent description list. Complete and in one place. ESPECIALLY now that these single scents are going to be regulars, it should be easy to get a complete description list and keep it updated.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Wow, you got them fast! I have been looking forwards to seeing them. They are rather adorable and I like that they are small enough that I don't have to chop them up! I hope you enjoy your order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *love* that part of it, that I don't have to cut them and don't have to feel like I'm wasting it by lazily melting large chunks. I'm fighting my urge to place another order!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I think I will love them! I placed two orders and now I want vanilla crunch donuts! I look forward to your melted review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is my day off and I just plunked Vanilla Crunch Donuts into the warmer, so hopefully I will get a Melted post up later today or tomorrow morning.

      I keep wanting to order more! lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. I think a cherry cobbler / lemon biscotti blend sounds yummy! I love that you got your order as quickly as you did and I'm really hoping that everything goes as planned after the initial rush of orders for these guys. I agree with you, I prefer the zip top bags also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of trying a Raspberry Coconut Vanilla Crunch Donuts blend. Cherry Lemon sounds interesting. I should just hold different chunks together under my nose and see how I like them.

      ~Deb

      Delete