Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Melted - BH&G / Zesty Lemon Peppercorn

Zesty Lemon Peppercorn - [no scent description]

This is one I often see at my Walmart and have sniffed it many times, only to put it back because it does nothing for me.  I sent this scent to my waxy bloggy friends last year and they all liked it so I was starting to think I should just give it a chance.  I am a huge lemon fan after all, right?!  Well, I received this pack over the holidays so it's finally my time to try this bad boy.  And just like when I would sniff it in the store, there is something about it that just turns me away.  At first, I'm always wanting to blame the pepper but no.  There is something sour about the lemon part.  This does remind me of something, but I can't think of just what that is!  My mind keeps coming back to cheap bathroom cleaning products, or cheap cleaning products trying to mask a nasty smell.  Remember an old Melted post I had where I mentioned urinal cakes?  Well, yep, urinal cakes come to mind for this one too.  LOL

I melted two cubes in my tea light warmer and good ol' reliably strong scent and throw, as I usually do with Better Homes & Gardens tarts, but I couldn't stand to let it melt very long.  I think within the first hour I called it quits.  I don't seem to be having much luck in finding scents I like lately.  Keep in mind though, that most of what I've been melting recently have been things I received as Christmas or birthday gifts.  Now I can't wait to get back to picking my own scents!

6 comments:

  1. Blech! Lemon scents are so tricky. Hope you have better luck finding good stuff soon :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Walmart is really sucking at the moment as far as restocking tarts. I've even had to alter my Retail Wax This Year plan already and placed a small Rosegirls order just for something I'll hopefully like more. Then again, that won't be here for maybe two months so I guess I'll check Walmart again and hope something new has come in.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I liked this one. It reminded me of a masculine scent I believe. It has been a while lol! Maybe a lemon rosemary pepper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still wondering how lemon rosemary would be, without the pepper. hehe

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Bummer, I liked this one, too! It was very masculine and deeper than I'd imagined it would be. I second your lemon rosemary creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might have to see what RG offers in the mini melts and see if I can do it myself since she never seemed to get around to it. Heh.

      ~Deb

      Delete