Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Melted - Glade / Blooming Peony & Cherry

Blooming Peony & Cherry - 'The bright and zesty notes of cherry and red fruit flirt with the charming, delicate notes of pink rose and precious peony. Relaxing scents of white woods and creamy musk balance the equation and set the mood for romance.'

 As I spend a little time with retail brands in my break from the chaos of indie vendors, I've decided to give the Glade melts a bit more attention.  I enjoy the Glade candles, but often skip the tart versions.  Even though I'm not generally a floral fan, something about this called to me.  Maybe because it's peony, and a 'famous' peony garden is in my hometown, and peonies are a huge part of my childhood?  Maybe because it's a new scent from Glade?  Maybe because I had a coupon?  lol - Who knows?

I found this to be quite a nice change of pace type scent for me.  It is floral-y, no doubt about that, but there is enough of a cherry note to keep sweet and tolerable.  It's funny too because while melting this, roses kept coming to mind and I'd have to remind myself 'No, it's peony.'  Well sure enough, when I looked up the scent description to prep for this post, it mentions roses in there.  This was a bright fruity-floral scent without being too perfume-y.  After reading the notes, I realize there was indeed the tiniest hint of musk.

I melted one cube in my tea light warmer and had a light-medium scent.  I usually like strong scents but sometimes lighter is better and I think this one works as a lighter, background scent, just something to softly perk up the air instead of something to scream 'Notice me!'

I'm not sure if I would buy this particular scent again.

4 comments:

  1. I was waiting for this one!! Glad you liked it! There is hope to floral convert you yet... Baby steps. I admit I hardly ever look at Glade or Febreeze melts since they are kept across the store in the cleaning supplies area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look at them but when I see a scent I want I always seem to reach for the candle version. Not sure why that is?! If that 719 Walnut Ave brand of candles (in the cleaning aisle) ever comes out with tart form I'll be all over them. I was very impressed with the candle I tried.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I've never seen this one but am now really curious to smell it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go find it! Sniff it! I've seen it at both Target and Walmart already. And there are tons of Glade coupons on coupon.com.

      ~Deb

      Delete