Monday, February 2, 2015

Melted - Mainstays / Chocolate Chip Biscotti

Chocolate Chip Biscotti - [no scent description]

As mentioned in the previous post, I received this Mainstays combo pack during the holidays.  The previous post was about the Vanilla Nut portion of the pack, and there is an older post ( HERE ) about an earlier time when I had the Hazelnut Cream scent.  This post is about the dark brown portion of this pack, the Chocolate Chip Biscotti.  Going into this, I really wasn't sure what to expect.  I'm not a fan of chocolate scents for home fragrance but I have loved a chocolate chip cookie scent from an old favorite vendor.  It wasn't to be with this one though.  The chocolate note was much too strong in this scent.  I think there was even a hint of coffee note from being packaged with the hazelnut one.  I tried to be fair and let this melt but just couldn't tolerate it, and shut this one down early on.

I melted the four little bars of wax (.8 oz.) in my tea light warmer and had strong scent.  Once again, I'm impressed with the strength of the Mainstays scents I've had so far.  I just need to find some scents that I like.  lol

2 comments:

  1. Hoping you find some you like too! They have a beach/sea shore trio that I enjoy. That is the only one I have tried from this brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to take a better look at just what my store has. I did notice they still the leftover fall scents of this brand too. I had a Mainstays candle some time ago in a scent that was Rain something, or something Rain. We quite liked that scent. I wonder if it's in tart form now.

      ~Deb

      Delete