Thursday, February 19, 2015

Melted - Rosegirls / Vanilla Crunch Donuts

Vanilla Crunch Donuts - [no scent description]

Since there is no description for this on the Rosegirls website I did some searching online and found two oil suppliers that feature 'vanilla crunch' fragrance, and both mention hints of caramel and nuts.  Going back and smelling this again, yeah, I think that might be accurate.  This is such a yummy bakery scent!!  My original cold sniff thoughts in my haul post were that this was just a really good, safe vanilla bakery scent.  It always nagged at my brain though that there might be something more going on.  It's bit more complex that just 'safe vanilla,' but still one of those more mellow 'company's coming' scents.  If there is indeed caramel and nuts in there, that's what what's coming through, but on a bakery level, not an ooey gooey sweet level.  If you didn't know just what this was, like me when I first got it, you could probably easily overlook it as just what I thought . . . simple vanilla bakery.  I don't get any distinct cake or donut or cookie note though.  It's just yummy goodness.

I started with one .8 oz. cube in my tea light warmer and was getting a light-medium scent.  I started another tea light warmer with another .8 oz cube in another room, along with one cube in my Glade hot plate warmer in a third room, and never really got over a medium strength scent.  It was an amazing scent, subtly spreading it's yumminess throughout the downstairs of the house, but I really wish it had been stronger.

10 comments:

  1. I have a bag of this coming to me in the future. Glad you reviewed it! Too bad it wasn't stronger. But I am excited to melt this still. I will do what you did and load all three warmers with it to amplify it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to let all the mini melters sit and *ahem* cure for a bit, see if that helps. Yes, I said it.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Well, it wasn't the lack of trying that caused the scent to not perform. You were pretty much full blast with three warmers downstairs. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just summoned the courage to admit to Julie, in the comment above, that I'm going to see if curing helps.

      *shaking head*

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttt?

      I never thought I'd see you type that. Ever.

      Delete
    3. I didn't say that. Someone hacked my account.

      *looks around and quietly walks away*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Bummer that this wasn't stronger, your description is awesome! Cure, cure, cure!!!!!!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say cure? I meant 'set it aside for a while until I melt through some other things first.' Sorry for the misunderstanding. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I hate it when that happens! I have some wax going that has barely any throw and I really like the scent on cold. I hope the curing helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been a believer in curing, so it's hard for me to even admit I'm giving it that chance. LOL! It's been a couple weeks now. Maybe I'll give them another chance.

      ~Deb

      Delete