Thursday, March 5, 2015

Melted - CFTKR / White Tea & Berries

White Tea & Berries - 'A tantalizing tincture of herbal tea and dew covered raspberries, blackberries, and elderberries.'

I went through a tea scent phase a year or so ago.  It's an unusual little corner of the scent market that I was surprised I liked so much.  These days I think I prefer warmer tea scents, those with a bit of spice.  Maybe it's just because we're in the crappy cold days of winter here in Wisconsin.  This White Tea & Berries scent was really nice but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd waited for warmer days of spring or summer.  And this one seemed to be warmer on cold sniff that when it was warmed.  That was a curious little quirk.  There is a really nice tea scent base, light in a refreshing and almost cleansing way (not light as in weak), and I swear there was a peppery note to it.  The berries gave it a subtle sweetness.  Together, this was a very pretty scent, but not in a girlie floral way that would usually have me running the other way.

I melted this 1 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had a lighter-side-of-strong scent and good throw.

(This tart was a gift.)

2 comments:

  1. I've not come across any tea scents while shopping from vendors so it's never occurred to me to pick up any. Is the tea a very true to life white tea type scent or more 'inspired by tea'?
    This particular scent sounds very pretty, though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a tea drinker so I really can't say how true it is. I mean, there is a note that screams "Tea!" but beyond that, I don't know. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete