Friday, March 13, 2015

Melted - Rosegirls / Raspberry Coconut

Raspberry Coconut - [no scent description]

I first melted this about a week after receiving it and had very little luck with it.  Since I'd also had weak results from another scent from my mini melters order I decided to set them aside and yes, let... them... cure...  It's been almost a month since receiving the order now, so I decided to give this another try.  And I was still disappointed with the results.  What little I could smell was mainly a toasted coconut scent.  That was nice and all, but I'd very much wanted some of the raspberry to come through.  I had one chunk going in my tea light warmer in one room, and one chunk going in my Glade warmer in another room.  I left the house to do some things and when I came back later, knowing the Glade warmer was still going, I was surprised and hopeful when I was greeted with a sweet coconut scent upon opening the back door.  That was it though, a light coconut scent that had drifted to that room.

Bummer!

(And I'm back to doubting 'curing' does anything.  Ha!)

8 comments:

  1. I never cure stuff, either. I don't notice any difference.
    Bummer that you have had a few duds, though. I wonder if they're purposely making their MM less potent than their regular chunks, or if in their chunk blends they've inadvertently used more fragrance per wax overall, making those seem better than the regular MM.
    I've wanted to ask about that on the Facebook page, but the girls there hound on anyone who has even a slightly negative post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they'd purposely make them weaker. They're doing these mini melters to help boost business. Wouldn't make sense to have the easier to get product be substandard because then people wouldn't stick around to make blends, etc..

      I tend to have iffy luck with Rosegirls. I keep going back mainly because they're local. I think was just a dud for me. I sent a couple chunks to other people though, so we'll see what they think.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Bummer it didn't come on stronger or with more raspberry. You have me wanting to start melting my MM to see how they are. Liz brings up valid points to ponder as well. It can be intimidating to discuss these ideas in the vendor groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can certainly discuss those things here though, since my blog flies under the radar. You can't even ask a nice, innocent question in that group without getting sarcastic snotty replies from the groupies. Oops, but that will show up somewhere......

      I do wonder if blending this with something basic like a smoothie or cookie would boost it.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear this, especially since RG raspberry is so good! I hope to get to melting mine next week.
    Have you tried blending any of the ones you purchased together? Curious to see how that would turn out for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried blending any of them yet but I did toss a chunk of this and a chunk of Vanilla Crunch Donuts into a little bag together and have been letting them stew and brew. I'll try to melt them this weekend and see how it works.

      (I freakin' LOVE that Vanilla Crunch Donuts scent, by the way.)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. It stinks that this wasn't stronger for you, and since you mentioned it in our chat, I melted the piece you gave to me and I noticed the same thing. :/ It was a bit sweet, but mainly I got a toasted coconut with a little bit of a throw in the bathroom. Bah humbug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, so it's not just me being overly critical. *phew*

      ~Deb

      Delete