Saturday, March 14, 2015

Melted - Rosegirls / Windmill Cookies

Windmill Cookies - [no scent description]

I remember hearing somewhere, some time ago, that this is an almond cookie scent.  I don't know if it's a Rosegirls blend, or a 'single scent' oil, so I really can't even guess what's all in this.  On cold sniff, there is a strong almond note.  It's crisp and potent, a bold cherry-almond extract type scent.  Warmed though, the cookie note really takes over.  I want to say it's like a butter cookie type.  It's a warm bakery note, not overly sweet, and nearly drowns out that beautiful almond scents.  It was still a nice scent, but I was sad that the cookie part pushed to the front.

I melted about 1 oz. worth in my tea light warmer and had a healthy medium strength scent.

2 comments:

  1. I love 99% of RG stuff but this one just did not do it for me. I think I am not a huge fan of almond scents. Even pistachio is beginning to wane on my scent buds. Glad it had a nice throw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't do pistachio. It's funny that VCS's Lucy & Ethel has pistachio and that I love it so much, but when I've tried to find similar versions from other vendors, they are pistachio heavy and I don't like them. Even the Lucy & Ethel's that I have now seem different, sharper and nuttier.

      As for Windmill Cookies, I would have liked more of that almond note to stick around while warm.

      ~Deb

      Delete