Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Melted - Tiffany Candles / Oatmeal, Milk & Honey

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey - 'The wonderful fresh aroma of Hawthorne, with nuances of creamy French vanilla, soy milk and a base note of nutty almond.'

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey is probably my favorite scent in handcrafted soaps.  It is a sentimental scent for me, taking me back to that wonderful discovery of goat milk soaps and the crazy days of my own soap making adventures that immediately followed.  I'm not a fan of the scent for home fragrance though.  And not all Oatmeal, Milk & Honey scents are the same, that's for sure.  This is one that leans way more to the pretty side, the floral-y side.  Even sniffing it cold didn't instantly remind me of those soap days.  It was still a fairly nice scent though.  And this is coming from someone who is not a floral fan.  This was a *pretty* scent, a girlie scent.  I didn't get too much of a vanilla note, only a slight almond note, but they must have been working hard in there somewhere because this was not a straight up floral scent either.

I melted each of these .8 oz. tarts in a tea light warmer, in adjacent rooms, and had medium scent.  I often like scents a lot stronger but this was good being lighter.  Since it wasn't my preferred type of scent, any stronger probably would have killed it for me.

(These tarts were a gift.)

2 comments:

  1. Aaah, soapmaking. It's fun, isn't it?!
    I'm afraid to try oatmeal, milk & honey because the first one I tried was from an up-and-coming vendor and it just smelled like soured milk to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it goat milk soap? I prefer goat milk soaps, but they do have a certain note to their scent.

      ~Deb

      Delete