Thursday, April 30, 2015

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Cherry Melons

Cherry Melons (SF Blend)- 'Watermelon and Cherry! Super sweet blend!'
 
Sweet Fixations was my favorite vendor for quite some time but then I hadn't placed an order for a while because I was exploring other vendors, and when I came back to SF, things had changed.  My last order was late summer or early fall of 2014 and I was so frustrated with the experience that I'd thought I was done with that vendor.  TAT had increased dramatically, communication was almost non-existent, and the order itself was lacking.  I kept a casual eye on things over the winter and noticed the website and Facebook page both seemed rather dead.  Was Sweet Fixations done?  Had she phased out or given up?  Or had something happened?  One day in March, I posted on her page, just asking if Sweet Fixations would even be around any more.  She replied that she definitely would be reopening, and that she hoped to have more details in the next couple weeks.  I go the impression that she'd just been going through some things in her life and would be soon coming back to her shop.  I got really excited.  But now it's been over a month and there still hasn't been any update so, once again, I don't know what to think.  I do know that I'm itching to order from her again though!
 
So anyway, this Cherry Melons tart was a freebie in that last order I placed.  I had set it aside for spring or summer, and finally pulled it out of my stash today.  What a bright, fun scent!  The cherry is a bit stronger, but the melon note is right there with it. Like the description says, it is a very sweet scent.  It's candy sweet, but it's like juicy candy, not powdery sugary candy.  Jolly Ranchers kinda come to mind.  A great, perky scent for these sunnier, warmer days as we creep towards summer.

I melted this whole tart (about 1.5 oz.) in my Glade hot plate warmer and had a healthy medium-strong scent with decent throw.

I really do hope that Sweet Fixations opens up again because I will definitely be ordering.
I've missed her tarts!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed her tarts too. This one sounds nice. My sister just won a wax giveaway on IG and it had some Sweet Fixations in it! I got excited to smell them. If you see that she opens back up will you let me know? I enjoy her fall/holiday scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know. =)

      I'm trying to decide if I want to message her and ask if there is any update, but I worry it will feel like nagging.

      ~Deb

      Delete