Monday, May 11, 2015

Haul - Color Me Warmly (Etsy) / Tarts

It's been a while since I've browsed Etsy and placed orders from random little shops I come across.  I used to love doing that!  Boredom and a dwindling wax supply (and all that wax vendor frustration) had me back at Etsy recently though, and I finally went ahead and placed a small order from a shop called Color Me Warmly.  I've had this Oregon based shop bookmarked for a while.  This isn't a shop dedicated to wax though.  Along with limited tarts and candles, you can find handmade scarves, headbands, quilts, etc..

I was only there for wax though, so let's see what I got.

Birthday Cake - 'A special treat for any sweet tooth! Indulge in the aroma of freshly baked cake straight from the oven. Blended with rich vanilla, pure cane sugar, and topped with a smooth and creamy white frosting.'
 A very yummy cake scent!  It is deep and rich both in the cake notes and sweet frosting notes.
Blackberry Sage - 'An outstanding fragrance with an abundance of sun-ripened blackberries and hints of sage.'
I had this scent in handcrafted soap a few years ago and absolutely loved it.  I was iffy getting this though because I've found that scents I love in bath products and not usually scents I love for home fragrance.  I'm really liking this on cold sniff.  Deep, dark, berry scent with just enough of that sage note to keep it interesting.

Blueberry Muffin - 'Smells just like you have a fresh batch in the oven. A very potent, mouth-watering fragrance.'
This one didn't want to come out of the little cup, so it's looking a bit rough.  I'm not getting much scent on cold sniff, and what's there is not like the familiar blueberry muffin.  There is an odd, almost smoky note to this.  Might just be a plastic-y note around the outer edge from being stuck in the cup.

Cool Citrus Basil - 'A duplicate of the Bath & Body Works fragrance. A refreshing blend of lemon, lime, and sweet basil.'
Kinda reminds me of Irish Spring soap or something along those lines.

Island Nectar - 'Ripe mango, juicy pineapple and wild berries are blended with hints of sugar in this exotic creation. Shimmering green accents amplify the natural fruit sensation as hints of plumeria add texture to the fragrance. A base of coconut milk balances with hints of musk; for lasting sweetness!'  
A really nice, summery scent.  Fruity and tropical but not in the usual coconut-heavy way.

These little scent shots all weighed either .7 or .8 ounce, which is perfect for my tea light warmers.  I ordered the five tarts option for $4.25.  There are other larger options, or you can order these little tarts as singles for $.90 each.

The scent list is limited, only 62 to choose from and they are all quite common and 'safe.'

Shipping was a little high at $6.25.  These came in a small flat rate box with a lot of packing peanuts.  I think these five little tarts could have easily gone into a bubble mailer for much cheaper.  TAT was great though.  I placed the order late Wednesday evening and received it Monday.

There were no samples or extras included.

I see now that she will be retiring at the end of this year so she is selling off all of her merchandise.  I don't know that I would have become a regular customer anyway but it was fun to order this time.

Are you familiar with Color Me Warmly?  Or have you come across any other hidden gems lately?

6 comments:

  1. definitely curious to know if anyone knows of any hidden Etsy gems out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another one coming up, hopefully later this week. A lot of the small ones I've enjoyed in the past aren't there anymore. =( And some have such crazy high shipping! I backed out of two different near-orders because of shipping.

      Are there any you've found?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I love this post! Etsy has so many wax vendors it is overwhelming! Some I like are: Book Scents, Rustik Country Krafts and Frostbeard. I want to try Pretty and Perky. I wish Scent Appeal was still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find Rustik Country Krafts. Yeah, I wish Scent Appeal was around too.

      Book Scents and Frostbeard make me smile, along with Bubble & Geek, for the nerdy geekery that we enjoy.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. https://www.etsy.com/shop/RustikCountryKrafts?ref=pr_faveshops

      Delete
    3. Oh my gosh! I just looked at that shop and one of the first things I saw was Pecan Caramel Swirl. That was one my of absolute favorite scents from Country Home Scents back in my early tart days!! Oh my, I might need to get a clamshell of that.

      Enabler!

      ~Deb

      Delete