Sunday, May 17, 2015

Melted - Color Me Warmly / Cool Citrus Basil

Cool Citrus Basil - 'A duplicate of the Bath & Body Works fragrance. A refreshing blend of lemon, lime, and sweet basil.'

I was surprised by how much I liked this scent.  I'm such a bakery scent fan, but with the limited options from this particular vendor I got a couple things there outside my normal range.  I don't know what basil smells like on its own but it must be pretty strong in this because the lemon-lime is really toned down.  My cold sniff notes from my haul post mentioned this reminded me of Irish Spring soap.  Having melted it now, I think it's a 'darker' scent than that.  It's almost like a spa scent to me.  There is a sweet juiciness with just a hint of that citrus zing struggling to hang on while the basil warms things up.

I melted this .7 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a full bodied medium-strong scent.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you find things outside your norm for some reason lol! I quite enjoy this scent too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does B&BW still carry this scent?

      I kept thinking this was Rosemary-Mint while I was melting. Doh! I will need to get some of that next, from somewhere.

      ~DEb

      Delete