Saturday, May 16, 2015

Melted - Color Me Warmly / Island Nectar

Island Nectar - 'Ripe mango, juicy pineapple and wild berries are blended with hints of sugar in this exotic creation. Shimmering green accents amplify the natural fruit sensation as hints of plumeria add texture to the fragrance. A base of coconut milk balances with hints of musk; for lasting sweetness!'

I didn't care much for this one, and I knew that was a risk when I ordered it but I'd wanted to try some summery things outside my comfort zone.  I'd said in my haul post that this was nice because it wasn't the usual coconut-heavy tropical summer scent.  I think, in the end, that's what I ended up not liking about it.  LOL!  To me, a lot of the mango came through, which is already an iffy scent for me, and it was just too much of a 'pretty' scent.  You know that's just not me.  There is a tropical feel to it, a sort of moist greenery note along with the mango and other fruits.  I did not hate this scent, but it's not something I would choose again.

I melted this .7 (?) oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had strong scent in the beginning but it quickly faded to a lighter medium strength the rest of the way.

2 comments:

  1. Island scents do tend to have that touch of hibiscus or leaves or jasmine son't they? This sounds nice though. At least it wasn't in your face strong the whole time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, any stronger would have been too much for me. Hubby would have liked it, but he was at work when I melted this.

      ~Deb

      Delete