Sunday, May 24, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Homespun Goodness

Homespun Goodness - 'Scrumptious sweet almond, orange chiffon cake and a splash of tart mandarin. A Homespun Original House Blend.'

I wasn't overly fond of this in my haul post cold sniff thoughts.  I decided to go ahead and melt it though because I want to see how all of these Dessa's tarts perform, see if they are consistently strong or what.  I'm still not a huge fan of this scent but it did seem to settle down a bit while warmed.  There is a quite a bit of an almond cake type base note, with that sort of 'dry' note that has to be from the mandarin.  It's sort of like a dull zest.  It's just enough to distract from what would otherwise be a nice almond cake scent.

I melted this whole 1.4 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had a good medium-strong scent, once again with great throw.  Although I didn't care for the scent much, I was glad to have good strong results again because this is my first Dessa's order and I'm sooooo wanting to place another order as long as these first ones perform well.  We're three for three in the acceptable range so far!

4 comments:

  1. Yahoooooo!!! After a couple hum drum orders I am glad this one gets your excitement going! Citrus can be weird in wax can't it? Coconut too. And pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Dessa's order has been the most exciting wax event for me lately. My extreme initial excitement is simmer down a bit now though. A couple small concerns have brought me back to reality and I'm going to hold off a bit on placing another order.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Glad this one was strong, even if the orange note was distracting. Love a good almondy scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda makes me want to find some other almond cake scents now. Or an orange cake scent without the zest note. hehe

      ~Deb

      Delete