Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Hot Buttered Rum

Hot Buttered Rum - 'A comforting scent on a cold winter night. Warm vanilla, hot buttery rum, and accents of spice.'
 
 This ended up being quite a bit different than the Lifesavers Butter Rum type I'm always looking for.  There was quite a bit more spice in here than what I expected.  I almost want to say this was slightly cider-like.  It was an okay scent, just not the more creamy, butterscotch-y type I'm looking for.

And it was weak.  I melted this whole 1.7 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had light-medium scent at best.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm.. this is a vendor that I had wanted to try, but after reading reviews (especially on the scents I definitely would have tried) I'm thinking I might pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bummer. I was soooo excited about this vendor, and so sure I would be placing another order soon. That bitter note in three of the scents and the wax not wanting to come out of the warmer when cooled has been enough to tone down my excitement. I'm not totally writing off this vendor though . . . yet.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Nooooo! Weak!!! :( Sorry this one wasn't what you had hoped. I know you like scents like this so it's disappointing to hear. Don't write them off yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This smelled closer to what I was hoping for on cold sniff. The warmed version kinda took me by surprise.

      I think I'll be placing another small order from Dessa's, just to give her stuff another shot.

      ~Deb

      Delete